The Curve Ball Road Trip | The Boneyard

The Curve Ball Road Trip

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So, Geno, you signed off on this, right?

“When you don’t play for along time you get out of game mode, you get out of your normal mindset where you’re constantly thinking about the next game,” he said. “The next game has been a while. I think I’m more worried about where our head’s at and where our legs at.

“I’m more concerned with how we look energy-wise with our legs and I think if we get through the initial part, the early part of it is going to be a little bit ugly looking, but it’ll improve as the game goes on Wednesday night.”

“We’re going to have to be mature about it,” Crystal Dangerfield said. “We’re going so far, it’s a time change but it’s also right before we go home, so it’s easy to have mental slip ups and we can’t have that.”

UConn Women’s Basketball Preparing For Unique Roadtrip Out West

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Last year UConn faced Oklahoma off the same 11 day break and won 88-64. Last year it was at Mohegan Sun, so I dont think the trip to oil land will be that different.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Kyla with a double/double!!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
CALIFORNIA GOLDEN BEARS WOMEN'S BASKETBALL
Here's a look at the game from Cal's perspective -

The Bears are currently undefeated (9-0) and so are Geno Auriemma’s Huskies (9-0). What does this game mean to the program going into the game undefeated? Win or lose, what should be some of the biggest takeaways from the game?

Ruey Yen (Cal sports writer) - IF Cal can somehow beat No.1 UConn, that would easily be the biggest win for the program - a Cal program that played the first intercollegiate women’s basketball game (against Stanford) back in 1896. Merely a year ago, UConn destroyed the Bears 82-47 in Storrs. A little further back to 2013 at the Maggie Dixon Classic in Madison Square Garden, Breanna Stewart and UConn routed a very good (ranked in the top 25 all year long) Cal squad 80-47. This game is all about what the Golden Bears have learned from last year and whether this experienced squad is ready to make another deep run in the post season.

Sure, UConn is NOT the defending champs since they lost to Notre Dame in the Final Four last year, but they are still the most talented team in women’s basketball again, and the measuring stick. UConn also avenged that loss at the beginning of December this year with a convincing 89-71 win at Notre Dame. For future WNBA draft purposes, this would be an interesting test for Cal superstar forward Kristine Anigwe against UConn’s forward Napheesa Collier. The Bears would also need to shutdown Huskies’ Katie Lou Samuelson, who can be deadly from the outside; this can be a preview of whether the Golden Bears are ready to challenge Oregon in the Pac 12 this year, as the Ducks have a similar deadly scorer in Sabrina Ionescu.

Rematch in Berkeley - Cal WBB hosts UConn.

Cal women's BB roster 2018-2019

Last edited by a moderator:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Cal seems to have some height on their roster, besides Anigwe...aren't their bigs very good contributors?
(I am not sure if this is a Cal thread, an OK thread or both, so...)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom