The Cup is Half Full | The Boneyard

The Cup is Half Full

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
All the guys jumping off the bandwagon are missing a record breaking season. I’m sure they are on the way to fewest punts allowed in a season.

I’ll go to games anyway. Tickets bought and paid for. And while I steadfastly refuse to pay the silly prices The Rent charges for beer, my resolve is starting to break down. It’s only a game, and I get to cheer for my might Giants on Sunday or whenever they play. Tough season.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
We wanted him so bad. Would have been better than Diaco, but he's pretty bad

Matt Canada made Phil look great. Maybe UConn should've hired him. He's now "interim" HC at Maryland and has them at 3-1.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Matt Canada made Phil look great. Maybe UConn should've hired him. He's now "interim" HC at Maryland and has them at 3-1.

Matt Canada has a notoriously abrasive personality. He hasn’t stayed with any team for that reason. I think it would be great, but he and randy could never coexist and Maryland is a way better job anyway

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Matt Canada has a notoriously abrasive personality. He hasn’t stayed with any team for that reason. I think it would be great, but he and randy could never coexist and Maryland is a way better job anyway

I wasn't talking about hiring him as OC, but as HC. He was still an OC when HCRE was hired. Granted, he probably would've left after a year or two anyway for a bigger payday. But damn, Pitt was fun to watch in his one year there.

Not to worry. I'm still with HCRE. Had to accept it would be 3-4 years or more to turn this thing around when UConn hired him. It's only year 2.

Reaction Score
Love this.

Clawson, Narduzzi, Frost, Moorhead, Canada.

Given WHAT we know ... about the level of recruiting Diaco was doing and what PP attempted to do, and now Edsall. Given 8 FR starting on Defense. Does anyone really think we'd be markedly better at this point with any of those names. And ... why?

Our Dad friend suggested bigtime JUCO influx. That's not going to happen in New England. We aren't going to bring 5-10 JUCO to shift this at the risk of our academic profile. I do think that Edsall, in the past, has been creative in how he stacks a roster. With some JUCO at key spots ... with some Transfer. And the weeks after our Temple game will be interesting.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Love this.

Given WHAT we know ... about the level of recruiting Diaco was doing and what PP attempted to do, and now Edsall. Given 8 FR starting on Defense. Does anyone really think we'd be markedly better at this point with any of those names. And ... why?

Our Dad friend suggested bigtime JUCO influx. That's not going to happen in New England. We aren't going to bring 5-10 JUCO to shift this at the risk of our academic profile. I do think that Edsall, in the past, has been creative in how he stacks a roster. With some JUCO at key spots ... with some Transfer. And the weeks after our Temple game will be interesting.

Not sure what you are asking but I’d trade Edsall for any of the first four without a second thought.

Reaction Score
Merely this ...

There seems to be some pining for other coaches; guys we cannot even think of paying their Market. Edsall has a twofer ... maybe threefer. He - I believe - knows what has to be constructed to recruit at the University of Connecticut and what kind of kid thrives; that has not changed since 2009. He came in withe the Discount pay of $1m. Yes, there are several $3m guys on the list above. And finally, I think he is about this Program being his Legacy. With his kid. With his kind of guys. As much as the punches thrown at him on accountability and bluster, he has a real core consistency I like. NOW, we just need 18 year olds to play like NFL rookies.

Reaction Score
The guy I wanted was Clawson. I just like his offense. He too has had issues at Wake Forest. Did you hear he fired his defensive coordinator in season?

I can see where this is goin’.

Reaction Score
Maryland is a dream job. Except when the kids die.

Reaction Score
All the guys jumping off the bandwagon are missing a record breaking season. I’m sure they are on the way to fewest punts allowed in a season.

I’ll go to games anyway. Tickets bought and paid for. And while I steadfastly refuse to pay the silly prices The Rent charges for beer, my resolve is starting to break down. It’s only a game, and I get to cheer for my might Giants on Sunday or whenever they play. Tough season.

You own the Giants?

Hey could you stop calling yourselves the NY Football Giants? It sounds really dumb.

Reaction Score
The people that look dumb are the ones who actually thought we would be good this season. This is exactly what I expected. And in the age of wicked high production offenses it looks even worse.

I know Edsall will eventually have a good defense, it won’t happen this season. But my concern is about the offense in the next few years.

C

Chief00

Love this.

A head coach is responsible for all aspects of a program - it’s year 2 and the trajectory is still downward.

Reaction Score
A head coach is responsible for all aspects of a program - it’s year 2 and the trajectory is still downward.

To save it, first you must burn it to the ground.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
You own the Giants?

Hey could you stop calling yourselves the NY Football Giants? It sounds really dumb.
Either you’re joking or you are really stupid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom