The conference vision I had last night. | The Boneyard

The conference vision I had last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just can't get on board with the hybrid/catholic basketball college league anymore. I really, really, really hope that there's strong enough leadership coming from somewhere to pull the strings to retain a BCS membership and forge out on a path for an all sports league that makes sense for the future, even if it's just temporary for another decade until people finally figure out that geography is actually pretty important in intercollegiate athletics.

Here's what I saw in my nightmare, certianly not my dream scenario for an all sports conference...

The 'pick your name' 12 team conference.

Northern division:
UConn
Rutgers
West Virginia
Cincinatti
Iowa State
Louisville

Southern division:
USF
TCU
Baylor
Kansas
K State
Missouri

Reaction Score
Let's face it. That ain't happening.

Bottom line........we either get an ACC invite or we are in a world of .

Reaction Score
I didn't say it would happen, I just despise the idea of hanging on to this corrupt model of a conference with leadership that doesn't give a about football. The 12-20 team thing, it could actually work in this scenario. Check this out.

The key - is leveraging providence and the catholics out of the big east leadership. They've got to go. We need a conference leadership that's going to get things done.

The 12-20 thing can work, but would be freaking nightmare for scheduling in all sports, unless you can figure out a way to do it four pods of five teams each that make geographic sense for all sports except football.

Catholic Division
Notre Dame
Georgetown
St. John's
Providence
Seton Hall
Marquette
DePaul
Villanova

Northern Division
UConn
Rutgers
West Virginia
Cincinatti
Iowa State
Louisville
Southern Division
USF
TCU
Baylor
Kansas
K State
Missouri

Figure out a way to do a northwest, northeast, southwest, and southeast 5 team pod breakup of those 20 schools, and you've got somethign to try to work with.

And leave the initial 12 team division for football north and south alone for football.

I'd NEVER agree to something like this with providence leading the way though.

Reaction Score
That was a realistic scenario 2 nights ago and 3 or 4 nights ago it was the 3rd option for UConn after the ACC and the B1G. Now all options are off the table unless UConn and ESPN can convince the ACC that they need to put the wounded BE dog to sleep by taking UConn and Rutgers and allowing the B-12 to take WVU, Louisville and maybe Cincy.

You have poorly timed dreams.

Reaction Score
Time for the remaining Big East football schools to head for the Big 12. There are only six of us and whether they have 9 or 10 schools they would probably take us all right now just to appear strong. Let's get it done. Big 12 now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom