The coaches show | The Boneyard

The coaches show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Listening to Diaco, you get the feeling the first three games are like preseason for the Huskies. He wants to see a lot of guys play. He wants to get a feel for the team in live conditions. He wants to make sure that neither he or the team are over amped.

I get the feeling that while Max is the starter, Diaco hasn't settled on who his primary running back will be. He is very even handed discussing the RBs.

He said that both Steward and Max got a lot captain votes. They sound ready to go.

BYU has some monster 6-8 dude who plays line and LB and runs around the whole field causing mayhem. That's how the BYU announcer made it sound. He also noted that the team is down some offensive weapons for Friday. he didn't pretend that it would make no difference, he said it puts more responsibility (my word) on the QB.

He also mentioned that Mendenhall's teams have been slow starters opening the season 1-2 in six of BM's ten seasons.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Regarding the 6-8 combo DL-LB, the BYU announcer also said that he's had a poor preseason as he's been slow to recover from a pulled hamstring. He said that it will be touch & go as to how long he can perform Friday night because he hasn't had an extended amount of practice time. The caveat is that the announcer also said that if this kid is anywhere near peak performance, he can be all-world.

Reaction Score
Listening to Diaco, you get the feeling the first three games are like preseason for the Huskies. He wants to see a lot of guys play. He wants to get a feel for the team in live conditions. He wants to make sure that neither he or the team are over amped.
I got that feeling to and to me it is a little worrisome when you are playing BYU and Boise. Those are 2 legit football teams and you don't want to screw up a potential victory just to find out if your #2 OG can play if your #1 guy is doing fine. If this were Stony Brook, Buffalo and Western Michigan, sure, have at it. The idea is to win, not to find out whether some backup can play. that is what practice is for. these are the kinds of things a 1st time head coach who is not totally sure of his decisions might do it seems to me. Hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek
Top Bottom