the CBI | The Boneyard

the CBI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So the CBI championship is a best of 3 series, kind of cool for a college tourney. Moorehead St is playing Nevada wolfpack.

Reaction Score
Honestly, this is a pointless tournament. Some of the schools that are invited dont even participate because I think you have to pay your way into it.

Reaction Score
Still, if you have a young team it is great experience.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
It's been great for Nevada and their young players. They've had around 6,000 people at the home games and gave my friends and I another chance to drink beers and enjoy college hoops. If you want to see an amazing young player check out Nevada freshman Cameron Oliver. 6'8 240 Oregon st decommit. I would give a kidney to have him at UConn.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It's been great for Nevada and their young players. They've had around 6,000 people at the home games and gave my friends and I another chance to drink beers and enjoy college hoops. If you want to see an amazing young player check out Nevada freshman Cameron Oliver. 6'8 240 Oregon st decommit. I would give a kidney to have him at UConn.

Didn't he have a couple of 20-rebound games this year? I recall reading a few box scores and being very impressed.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Honestly, this is a pointless tournament. Some of the schools that are invited dont even participate because I think you have to pay your way into it.

I don't get why people say stuff like this. These are mostly second tier mid-majors and low majors, and for most of the kids playing in this tournament, this is as close to the Dance as they will ever get. For the seniors, every game they play extends their basketball career one more game. These guys aren't going to the pros, so when the final buzzer sounds in that last game, their basketball careers are over.

I don't begrudge any of those kids one second in the CBI. I hope they enjoy it, and I guarantee that the vast majority of kids on the 250 or so college teams that didn't go to a postseason tournament would give anything to trade places with the kids playing in the CBI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom