The Butler didn't did it ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

The Butler didn't did it ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Some horrible shooting for both teams to start.
  2. Cole doing a lot of driving into the paint early and getting a lot of foul shots.
  3. Jackson's steal leading to Akok's dunk on the oop from Gaffney. Pretty play, and really seemed let the air out of Butler's tires. Other than Lukosius, anyway.
  4. Jackson really active and energetic, but some of his highlight film efforts were wildly unsuccessful. 10 boards, 3 dimes, a steal, and 3 of 4 from deep, but only 12 points total. He didn't have a block on the official scoresheet, but I swear he blocked at least one.
  5. I believe that despite only attempting 4 three pointers, Polley may have had one of his best games tonight. Three boards, and some surprisingly good defense.
  6. If I ever hear another precocious/Lukosius wordplay I'm going to rip Lavin's hair out. That thing was worn out the 2nd time he said it. I think the producer must have told him to stop, because he never said it in the 2nd half.
  7. Sanogo picking up a lot of first half fouls.
  8. Sanogo on the break early 2nd half. Not sure I've seen that big a smile on him before.
  9. Hawkins 14 points in 18 minutes. He's coming along.
  10. First 8 games this year, Sanogo was 17 of 19 from the line. Since then, 11 of 25. What the heck happened?
  11. I like that we're taking the block party deal seriously, 10 tonight. But if we're going to hang our hat on blocking shots, we'd better learn to go get the ball after the block. Six of our 10 blocks were recovered by butler, and converted into 8 points.
  12. We won every column in the box score but steals, which was a tie at 5. But other than blocks and overall field goal percentage, we didn't dominate any of them.
  13. And finally, my man Richie Springs got in the game, and immediately had an impact with a put back that gave him a board and a bucket.

Reaction Score
Sanogo should be getting more free throws with where he gets the ball and how he plays. He needs to get into the chest of the defender more and pump fake, he far too often settles for difficult, long jump hooks. Hope the staff figures that out with him. He’s strong as an ox, get to your position for the easy bucket.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
  1. Some horrible shooting for both teams to start.
  2. Cole doing a lot of driving into the paint early and getting a lot of foul shots.
  3. Jackson's steal leading to Akok's dunk on the oop from Gaffney. Pretty play, and really seemed let the air out of Butler's tires. Other than Lukosius, anyway.
  4. Jackson really active and energetic, but some of his highlight film efforts were wildly unsuccessful. 10 boards, 3 dimes, a steal, and 3 of 4 from deep, but only 12 points total. He didn't have a block on the official scoresheet, but I swear he blocked at least one.
  5. I believe that despite only attempting 4 three pointers, Polley may have had one of his best games tonight. Three boards, and some surprisingly good defense.
  6. If I ever hear another precocious/Lukosius wordplay I'm going to rip Lavin's hair out. That thing was worn out the 2nd time he said it. I think the producer must have told him to stop, because he never said it in the 2nd half.
  7. Sanogo picking up a lot of first half fouls.
  8. Sanogo on the break early 2nd half. Not sure I've seen that big a smile on him before.
  9. Hawkins 14 points in 18 minutes. He's coming along.
  10. First 8 games this year, Sanogo was 17 of 19 from the line. Since then, 11 of 25. What the heck happened?
  11. I like that we're taking the block party deal seriously, 10 tonight. But if we're going to hang our hat on blocking shots, we'd better learn to go get the ball after the block. Six of our 10 blocks were recovered by butler, and converted into 8 points.
  12. We won every column in the box score but steals, which was a tie at 5. But other than blocks and overall field goal percentage, we didn't dominate any of them.
  13. And finally, my man Richie Springs got in the game, and immediately had an impact with a put back that gave him a board and a bucket.
To #12, the 15/23 free throw shooting was indeed better than Butler's 18/29, but I saw this game as a failed 30+ point win, at a time when the team needs to improve & sustain its play in advance of steadily elevating opponents that will not let up, starting very soon.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
He's Lukosius. And he knows just what it takes to make a pro blush.

Reaction Score
To #12, the 15/23 free throw shooting was indeed better than Butler's 18/29, but I saw this game as a failed 30+ point win, at a time when the team needs to improve & sustain its play in advance of steadily elevating opponents that will not let up, starting very soon.
I would quibble with the phrasing "steadily elevating." It's more like a step function.
1642598431731.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom