The Burning Question: Can They Stay Snarky | The Boneyard

The Burning Question: Can They Stay Snarky

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You know: Us against the world.

Geno has repeatedly said this group is too nice and laid back. Have they found their own button? Louisville will be a great test of their resolve to take it up a notch.

For those of you who might have missed it:

“I think we bond and we connect through … I don’t know if I want to say anger is the correct word, but just through this feeling that we want to go out and prove something,” Katie Lou Samuelson said. “We are feeling like, ‘Oh you think this is going to happen? Well watch and we will show you what is going to happen.’

“A lot of it could just be going against Coach himself and trying to prove what he says wrong. We need to work on that and figure out how no matter what the game there has to be a chip on our shoulder. That is clearly when we play best.”

Samuelson and Napheesa Collier both said the players will have to find a way to motivate themselves and can’t rely constantly on Auriemma pushing them to anger.

“Coach has been really challenging us all year and especially leading up to this game that we need to have more aggression and more energy especially from the get-go,” Collier said. “I think we just decided we were going to do that today. That is the same mindset we need to have every game.” Consistent aggression is key for UConn women

As much as those are good sounds from team leaders, if you've been a UConn fan for even a few years you know these kids press skills are polished and they don't disappoint when it comes to quotables.

I want to see it on the basketball hardwood.

Reaction Score
What, NO LOCKER POSTERS FOR THE LLVILLE GAME??? It seems CD is also a Motivator..

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So Geno and I are in the same place right now:

"Going into the game, the UConn coach said he can’t rely on gauging the mentality of his team as an indicator of how they’re going to play anymore. While he generally has a pretty good feeling of whether his team is ready for a game, he admits he’s made a few wrong assumptions this season. Despite that, he still feels like the Huskies are going to be OK on Thursday based on this week’s practices.

“I thought we were going kill Baylor. I thought we were really ready, and you see how wrong I was," Auriemma said. “I thought the other day against Central Florida, ‘Man, this is going to be a slug fest.’ So, now I come to practice and I try to figure out what I have to do today to get these guys in the right frame of mind and get them prepared the best that I can for what’s coming next. And then the rest is you’ve got to hope that your upperclassmen are doing the rest. I think we’re going to be alright. Regardless of what happens, I think we’re going to play well.”

UConn women prepare for tough test against No. 3 Louisville - Hartford Courant

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
..... “I thought we were going kill Baylor. I thought we were really ready, and you see how wrong I was," Auriemma said.

I find this comment among the most startling I have ever heard from Geno. Not that he can be wrong in
assessing the pulse of the team but that he really thought we could 'Kill" Baylor in their house. I cannot imagine what he saw in practice to think that. :eek:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I find this comment among the most startling I have ever heard from Geno. Not that he can be wrong in
assessing the pulse of the team but that he really thought we could 'Kill" Baylor in their house. I cannot imagine what he saw in practice to think that. :eek:

You think that might come back to haunt? Yeah, startled me too.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
You think that might come back to haunt? Yeah, startled me too.

If we face Baylor in the FF, I think that would be right up there on the top of the bulletin board. Still, we should be pissed at ourselves by how intimidated we were early in the game. I would love to get another crack at them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom