The building of Baylor's team | The Boneyard

The building of Baylor's team

Reaction Score
Interesting read. Sort of like the stuff written about Texas Tech last year, who didn't have a single top 100 recruit on their roster.

Baylor’s past four high school recruiting classes have an average ranking of 71. Sure, they’ve picked up top-100 players – Jared Butler, Matthew Mayer, Tristan Clark and Mark Vital – but not the elite level recruits that you’d think would catapult a team to No. 1 in the country.

Reaction Score
“I think the big thing is we try to identify people with what we want our basketball culture to be like and who we thought character wise fit what we are trying to do, work ethic wise and I think the biggest common denominator is we got guys who are hard workers and they’re good kids which means they like one another. If you got guys who like one another and work hard, good things happen.”

Sounds like another coach I know.

Reaction Score
“I think the big thing is we try to identify people with what we want our basketball culture to be like and who we thought character wise fit what we are trying to do, work ethic wise and I think the biggest common denominator is we got guys who are hard workers and they’re good kids which means they like one another. If you got guys who like one another and work hard, good things happen.”

Sounds like another coach I know.
Scary resemblance to DH. He must know what he’s doing after all.

Reaction Score
It took almost 15 years but yeah Baylor is back. I thought I'd never see the day where Baylor would be one of the top programs in the nation especially after Bliss and the murders. Incredible journey.

Reaction Score
ho-rah. waiting to see (+) how the local goes. So far, so hopeful.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Great game with KU right now. Baylor is really athletic. The Kansas and Texas AGs bet BBQ on the game.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Great game with KU right now. Baylor is really athletic. The Kansas and Texas AGs bet BBQ on the game.

I watched most of the final eight minutes. Honestly, from what I saw, Baylor had some highlight reel offensive plays (two touch pass assists on one score, a 40-foot alley oop pass on another), but I felt that UConn's defense (with Akok) might've done a better job down the stretch than what Baylor's did, even without a great matchup to handle the load that is Azubuike. I was not overly impressed with Baylor's guards defense, despite the team's high defensive ranking. Granted, this is also the only time I've seen Baylor play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom