The Bueckers Effect | The Boneyard

The Bueckers Effect

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Most of it us pretty vanilla. Paige is critical in everyway (outside shooting, assists etc) but the rest of the team is improving and I expect them to be very good. etc.. Bruno

But I liked this excerpt :cool:

During a game against UConn earlier this season, one of Seton Hall’s assistants turned to coach Tony Bozzella, telling him a play wouldn’t continue working. The Pirates had already successfully executed the movement — a down screen for Lauren Park-Lane — and the Huskies got beat. But something switched and the strategy was ruined by one opposing player: Paige Bueckers.

From the sidelines, Bozzella could hear Bueckers anticipating the chess move and warning her UConn teammates of what was to come. All he could do was hope in vain she would stop talking.

“Her talking is amazing,” Bozzella said, adding she acted like a coach on the floor. “She’s just annoying — but that’s how smart she was.”

Reaction Score
What makes Paige unique is that she anticipates what's going to happen rather than react to what is happening.
In a cliche, she has this "vision" thing that just makes her stand out in a way that very few do.
Maya Moore had it, maybe some others.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
What makes Paige unique is that she anticipates what's going to happen rather than react to what is happening.
In a cliche, she has this "vision" thing that just makes her stand out in a way that very few do.
I like the somewhat supernatural description of Paige by CD after the Syracuse game last season. “She sees things…..”

Reaction Score
That basketball IQ. Some people have a different level. Paige is at, like oldude mentioned that CD said, a supernatural level of basketball IQ. Paige sees things two and three plays ahead of everyone else!

Reaction Score

Wayne Gretzky once said "a good player knows where the puck is. A great player knows where it is going to go". This applies to Paige, she literally sees things that aren't apparent until they are. I bet she wonders why others don't see it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom