OT: The Brow requests a trade | The Boneyard

OT: The Brow requests a trade

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Bye-bye Brow? Davis tells Pelicans he wants out

Everyone has felt 1) like this was coming, and 2) that it would be a two-horse race for his services between the Celtics & Lakers.

Well, because of some salary cap/contract/CBA minutiae I don't quite understand, the Celtics can't actually trade for AD until July 1. So this seems like Davis's camp sending the Lakers a message: "Come get him now before Boston comes in with a Godfather offer this summer."

Think Ingram, Kuzma, Hart & 2 Lakers firsts would be enough?

Reaction Score
Something tells me the Pelicans won't trade him before the deadline and will wait for the summer. Gonna be the biggest story in basketball until he gets traded though.

Personally, I would love to see LeBron and AD on the same team. Don't see how anyone can outbid the Celtics if this trade occurs in the summer instead of the season.

If I'm the Lakers, I would offer the farm. Any 3 of the young players and multiple picks seems like the place to start.

Reaction Score
I'm not an NBA expert by any means but I have to imagine the Celtics can blow that offer out of the water if the Pelicans are willing to wait, which I would do. Davis did not (as far as we know) say that he only wants to be traded to the Lakers suggesting that the Pelicans do have room/time to try and get the best offee.

Also, are any other NBA teams really interested in doing the Lakers any favors by trading the Brow to them? The Lakers seem very willing to meddle with other teams superstars. Why reward it if you don't have to?

Reaction Score
I'm not an NBA expert by any means but I have to imagine the Celtics can blow that offer out of the water if the Pelicans are willing to wait, which I would do. Davis did not (as far as we know) say that he only wants to be traded to the Lakers suggesting that the Pelicans do have room/time to try and get the best offee.
Yeah, Woj specifically reported that AD did not give the Pelicans a list of teams. I imagine he is trying to do right by the Pelicans as best he can. All signs point to him wanting to be with the Lakers, but I agree that it seems to make all the sense for the Pelicans to wait for an all-out bidding war in the summer.

Reaction Score

No. Most likely they'll want a bidding war with Boston. Just because he wants out doesn't mean they have to be hasty.

Reaction Score

Everyone has felt 1) like this was coming, and 2) that it would be a two-horse race for his services between the Celtics & Lakers.

Well, because of some salary cap/contract/CBA minutiae I don't quite understand, the Celtics can't actually trade for AD until July 1. So this seems like Davis's camp sending the Lakers a message: "Come get him now before Boston comes in with a Godfather offer this summer."

Maybe for E'twaun Moore

Reaction Score

There have been Celtics fans on this board who think they can get Davis with an offer of Rozier and Jaylen Brown. That Lakers hypothetical is a million times better and I think that could get it done.

Celtics can't trade for him until summer and any real Celtics offer has to include both Jaylen Brown and Tatum or Tatum and Horford.

I love the idea of Davis going to the Mavericks to be paired with Doncic. Something like Dennis Smith Jr., Powell, DeAndre Jordan and a 1st round pick.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
There have been Celtics fans on this board who think they can get Davis with an offer of Rozier and Jaylen Brown. That Lakers hypothetical is a million times better and I think that could get it done.

Celtics can't trade for him until summer and any real Celtics offer has to include both Jaylen Brown and Tatum or Tatum and Horford.

I love the idea of Davis going to the Mavericks to be paired with Doncic. Something like Dennis Smith Jr., Powell, DeAndre Jordan and a 1st round pick.
Well any Celtics fan who thinks that is delusional. And I'm a Celtics fan.
I think Rozier, Brown, Horford and their 2 best first rounders (the Memphis pick and whatever other good one they have) should get it done. I'd actually be quite happy with that package as a Pelicans fan.
I'm always wary to give up the farm for a player in a trade, but Anthony Davis is on the shortlist of players you give up the farm for.

The Lakers cannot top what the Celtics can offer. And Danny is not afraid to give up like 9 assets for a superstar (i.e. KG).

Reaction Score
If it goes past the deadline, it's going to take Ball and Ingram plus add ons. If the Pels want to move him before for some crazy reason, maybe they can get away with just one

Reaction Score

Also, are any other NBA teams really interested in doing the Lakers any favors by trading the Brow to them? The Lakers seem very willing to meddle with other teams superstars. Why reward it if you don't have to?
Kobe's strong embracing of LeBron speaks volumes about the club's culture and approach. Might as well sign Michael Jordan out of retirement again.

Reaction Score
Brown, Rozier, Grizzlies pick, clippers pick. Think this gets it done?

I'd do anything to keep Tatum and Kyrie. Everyone else is expendable.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The one collocation is that horford probably needs to be 3-teamed out of that deal.

Maybe Dallas takes him since Jordan is a fa after this year

Reaction Score
Zion, Kevin Knox and Mitchell Robinson for AD! KP, AD and maybe you bring in KD with those 2 already in place?

The key to wherever AD goes, he has to agree to sign there. Which could ultimately limit him to go to whatever team he really wants to go to (probably the Lakers because of his agent).

Reaction Score
If they have to include Tatum, they probably shouldn't do it. Kyrie, AD, Haywood, and an old Horford isn't enough to win a title, especially when you presumably are giving up draft picks in addition. You throw everything you have aside from Tatum at the deal and see if it works.

The Lakers don't have picks to trade, and their young talent isn't all that exciting. Kuzma's good, but he probably caps out as the third best player on a title time.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
No. Celtics are going to have to include Tatum. If they don't, the Lakers can trump them.

Disagree. Especially without ball.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
All this talk of Ball being involved if its LA
The kid isn't good for more than 25 games a season plus the added baggage of his creepy old man
Celts will not include Tatum, Irving, Smart but I think Brown, Rozier and possibly Horford are most likely
It boils down to some extent as to whom does The Brow want to play with - Lebron or Kyrie?

Reaction Score
Am I wrong or is it not possible for the Celtics to include Rozier in a trade for AD? Rozier is a free agent this summer and the Celtics can't trade for AD until then.

Unless they were to re-sign Rozier first before trading for AD, but that seems kinda unlikely.

Reaction Score
I don't see the trade being either of the commonly listed Laker or Celtics packages. Brown, Rozier, Ball and Ingram have all lost some luster this season. I know it's easy to pick the field but I am expecting to be surprised, similar to the Kawhi to Toronto situation.

Reaction Score
I would love to see this because even for this board that's moronic.
I wouldn't move horf. He would play well with AD and seems willing to take salary cuts Tyler Phommachanh make a bigger deal work from interviews.

Maybe picks, rozier, and brown?

Morris?
Smart isn't going anywhere - you can bank on it
If Celts get AD it will cost them TR and JB but with AD its lights out and its only GS and Boston
I know I saw it in another thread too. These guys don't think you need to give up good players to get one of the best players in the league.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I don't see the trade being either of the commonly listed Laker or Celtics packages. Brown, Rozier, Ball and Ingram have all lost some luster this season. I know it's easy to pick the field but I am expecting to be surprised, similar to the Kawhi to Toronto situation.
Just because the Celtics have 8 starters fighting for minutes and touches doesn't mean Brown or Rozier are any less valuable.

Did everyone forget Brown and Rozier started on a team that was 1 win from the NBA finals 7 months ago?

Reaction Score
Just because the Celtics have 8 starters fighting for minutes and touches doesn't mean Brown or Rozier are any less valuable.

I expect many of the other Celtics fans on this board share your opinion. I do not.

Regressing in limited minutes sure isn't helping their stock. It remains to be seen how much it's hurting it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom