OT: The Brow requests a trade | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: The Brow requests a trade

Reaction Score
The Knicks are a sleeper here. If they wait til the summer they’ll have potentially a top 3 pick possible #1 pick in hand. Pair that with Knox, Mitch and a future pick and they’re in the game

Reaction Score
Just because the Celtics have 8 starters fighting for minutes and touches doesn't mean Brown or Rozier are any less valuable.

Did everyone forget Brown and Rozier started on a team that was 1 win from the NBA finals 7 months ago?

Rozier has been hot garbage.

Brown has been better--in 3 months his value will be higher

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I expect many of the other Celtics fans on this board share your opinion. I do not.
I mean, Jaylen Brown is a 22-year-old #3 overall pick who averaged 18 points on a team that went to game 7 of the ECF. That is not an opinion.
And he certainly hasn't reached his ceiling yet. He hasn't even really developed his handle yet.
Rozier certainly isnt nearly as valuable as Brown, but he is an NBA starting quality PG, imo. Averaged 16 points in the playoffs last season.

Reaction Score
Well any Celtics fan who thinks that is delusional. And I'm a Celtics fan.
I think Rozier, Brown, Horford and their 2 best first rounders (the Memphis pick and whatever other good one they have) should get it done. I'd actually be quite happy with that package as a Pelicans fan.
I'm always wary to give up the farm for a player in a trade, but Anthony Davis is on the shortlist of players you give up the farm for.

The Lakers cannot top what the Celtics can offer. And Danny is not afraid to give up like 9 assets for a superstar (i.e. KG).

Lakers can top that package you list. Tatum 100% is the starting point of any Davis trade

Reaction Score
I mean, Jaylen Brown is a 22-year-old #3 overall pick who averaged 18 points on a team that went to game 7 of the ECF. That is not an opinion.
And he certainly hasn't reached his ceiling yet. He hasn't even really developed his handle yet.
Rozier certainly isnt nearly as valuable as Brown, but he is an NBA starting quality PG, imo. Averaged 16 points in the playoffs last season.

Brown's value as an elite 3 and D player will be predicated on last year's 3 point shooting being the norm and not an anomaly.

Reaction Score
We've got a repeat of the Paul George situation but amped up a notch: AD wants no part of Boston. If public trade talks emerge and seem serious between NO and Boston his agent will state that it'll only be a rental; AD will not re-sign with Boston next summer. He's going to be a Laker.

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out...

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Rozier has been hot garbage.

Brown has been better--in 3 months his value will be higher
I'd argue that age, skill, potential and track record is valued in a trade over recent play in a different role as a backup point guard to Kyrie Irving.
But that's neither here nor there, Rozier would be like the 5th best asset in the trade. And he wouldn't even be able to be traded probably given what previous have said about his contract situation.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I'd argue that age, skill, potential and track record is valued in a trade over recent play in a different role as a backup point guard to Kyrie Irving.
But that's neither here nor there, Rozier would be like the 5th best asset in the trade. And he wouldn't even be able to be traded probably given what previous have said about his contract situation.

NO would need to move holiday first anyway for him to be an asset to them

Reaction Score
We've got a repeat of the Paul George situation but amped up a notch: AD wants no part of Boston. If public trade talks emerge and seem serious between NO and Boston his agent will state that it'll only be a rental; AD will not re-sign with Boston next summer. He's going to be a Laker.

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out...

What do you base this on other than he has the same agent as Lebron? I can just as easily say he wants no part of LA because no superstar wants to play with LeBron.

Reaction Score
I do not see him remaining with any other team long term other than the Lakers or Celtics.

I also don't understand the draw to want to play with LeBron if you're a top 5 player in the league.

If I'm the Celtics, (who I'm praying he goes to), here is my offer:

Horford
Rozier
Brown
2019 Sacramento & Memphis pick

Don't think any team can match that offer.....

PLUS you're not gonna find a better nickname anywhere else than The Boston Brow, I'm sorry

Reaction Score
I do not see him remaining with any other team long term other than the Lakers or Celtics.

I also don't understand the draw to want to play with LeBron if you're a top 5 player in the league.

If I'm the Celtics, (who I'm praying he goes to), here is my offer:

Horford
Rozier
Brown
2019 Sacramento & Memphis pick

Don't think any team can match that offer.....

PLUS you're not gonna find a better nickname anywhere else than The Boston Brow, I'm sorry

I don't think there Is any draw to play with Lebron, if you win its cuz hes so great, if they lose it's because his teammates are scrubs. It's a no win scenario for elite players. Theres a reason Kawhi and butler said they wanted to go to the clippers and PG an LA native stayed in OKC

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
The Knicks are a sleeper here. If they wait til the summer they’ll have potentially a top 3 pick possible #1 pick in hand. Pair that with Knox, Mitch and a future pick and they’re in the game
This is actually a really good point. Probably would help if Trier really popped down the stretch here as well so they had one more sweetener.

Reaction Score
This is actually a really good point. Probably would help if Trier really popped down the stretch here as well so they had one more sweetener.
I don't really like the Knicks, and don't really think they can swing it.

Still, it would be nice for the Knicks to be relevant, and I'd love him to go somewhere far from the Lakers.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The Lakers would have to include Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, and probably Hart with picks to get it.

The 1st three aren't all that great. Limited. I thought Ingram would be better than he is.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

More like KP, Knox, and a top 5 pick imo.

Reaction Score
The Lakers would have to include Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, and probably Hart with picks to get it.

The 1st three aren't all that great. Limited. I thought Ingram would be better than he is.
I don't see how anyone can be enamored with their young guys. Lonzo can't shoot and is a bad defender. Ingram is missing "it" whatever that is. Hart is a good bench player who sort of caps out at a Jamal Crawford, if you're lucky. And then Kuzma.

Brown is significantly better than all of them, IMO, because he can play offense and defense.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I don't see how anyone can be enamored with their young guys. Lonzo can't shoot and is a bad defender. Ingram is missing "it" whatever that is. Hart is a good bench player who sort of caps out at a Jamal Crawford, if you're lucky. And then Kuzma.

Brown is significantly better than all of them, IMO, because he can play offense and defense.

Lonzo's a better defender than he used to be, but the shooting thing is an enormous liability in today's NBA.

Kuzma's trash on D. He can score, but he still shoots for crap from 3 iirc.

I read somewhere recently that the Lakers have a better net rating when Lonzo is not on the court. Not a good look for a point guard. Same when Ingram's not on the court. Not good for a potential future star.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Ball is a plus defender. His dbpm bears that out.

He needs work on o

Reaction Score
If they have to include Tatum, they probably shouldn't do it. Kyrie, AD, Haywood, and an old Horford isn't enough to win a title, especially when you presumably are giving up draft picks in addition. You throw everything you have aside from Tatum at the deal and see if it works.

The Lakers don't have picks to trade, and their young talent isn't all that exciting. Kuzma's good, but he probably caps out as the third best player on a title time.

There is a tatum in every draft

Reaction Score
I don't know about the Knicks, or any of the other high lottery teams. AD has stated multiple times he wants to play for a legit contender. Keeping that in mind, would he realistically re-sign with the Knicks or is this just a one-year rental? Dude is gonna be a free agent the season after next. A one-year rental makes sense if you have a chance to win the East (i.e. Kawhi with the Raptors) but I don't think the Knicks would have that chance, even with AD and a healthy Porzingis.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine he goes to the Knicks with the disarray they are in--Worse than new orleans.

Has to be a contender. Lakers, Celts, or some surprise top 5-7 team in the conference.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Davis did the right thing by the Pelicans.

Where does he land? None of us really knows. Ainge wants him but won't be stupid about it. They can't trade for him until after the draft, right? The Draft is June 20. So Ainge will know what he has from his three picks by then. I wouldn't rule out Danny moving up for a top 3 pick.

Who are the Lakers moving for him? AD and Lebron can win some games with a cast of nobodies, but they aren't winning any championships.

Reaction Score
I don't know about the Knicks, or any of the other high lottery teams. AD has stated multiple times he wants to play for a legit contender. Keeping that in mind, would he realistically re-sign with the Knicks or is this just a one-year rental? Dude is gonna be a free agent the season after next. A one-year rental makes sense if you have a chance to win the East (i.e. Kawhi with the Raptors) but I don't think the Knicks would have that chance, even with AD and a healthy Porzingis.

According to Windhorst, AD is interested in playing for the Knicks.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
More like KP, Knox, and a top 5 pick imo.
I'd probably consider that if I was the Knicks. But you have to do work ahead of time to make sure that you can use your cap space to get another max guy – maybe KD.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'd probably consider that if I was the Knicks. But you have to do work ahead of time to make sure that you can use your cap space to get another max guy – maybe KD.

AD and KD. That would be ridiculous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom