The Bridge….. | The Boneyard

The Bridge…..

Reaction Score
1st season took some time but was excellent by season's end. 2nd season starting off strong - dark series but really good!

Reaction Score
Really, really good show. Second best thing I am watching at this moment.

Best thing I am watching at this moment is called Utopia. It is a UK show that is ultra violent and absolutely fantastic. Those who like that kind of thing and know where to find such things to view, find it.

Reaction Score
The Bridge: They had me at Diane Kruger. Thoroughly enjoy the show.

Reaction Score
The Bridge: They had me at Diane Kruger. Thoroughly enjoy the show.
Yep, I'm a fan as well. They've done an excellent job this year of working in more frequent DK s e x scenes. I think a little too fragmented this season as over-correction for the cheesy end to main plot in first season, but the acting is good and you gotta tune in at least once to marvel at James Gumm as a normal person.

Reaction Score
Anyone kept up with it this season? It has been a very good slowly unwrapping crime drama, worried that the ratings might deprive us of future seasons...

Bookkeeper & Mennonite Murderess is the best TV Villain since Gus Fring!

Reaction Score
Anyone kept up with it this season? It has been a very good slowly unwrapping crime drama, worried that the ratings might deprive us of future seasons...

Bookkeeper & Mennonite Murderess is the best TV Villain since Gus Fring!
I've seen every episode and like it a lot, don't with Fausto Galvan.

Reaction Score
I've seen every episode and like it a lot, don't with Fausto Galvan.
Yes, Fausto definitely needs to win this war not the blah corporate d'bag. A direct Fausto confrontation with Mennonite Bookkeeper would be great.

Loved Kevin from The Office as DEA. Second guy on the show with indelible character speech tone & cadence. With artist formerly known as Kevin, unlike Jamie Gumb, I couldn't hear a trace of it in the DEA Agent's voice.

Reaction Score
Kevin was using coke to Rush, the DEA agent was thwe guy who played the nurse on ER and I think was on Parker Lewis Cant Lose.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Missed Season 1...loving Season 2. Has a No Country For Old Men vibe.

Reaction Score
Missed Season 1...loving Season 2. Has a No Country For Old Men vibe.
Yes a little bit though because its ongoing slight less aura of imminent random violence.

SPOILER ALERT

Really liked the season as a whole. The plot conclusion made sense although a little too tidy. Specifically I could have done without the CIA resolution and I think Linder would not and should not have survived even though I was REALLY going to miss the character as he's one of the best weird things about the show. The Marco stuff was perfect though, absolutely excellent and I am very glad the Fausto survived and hopefully remains in the show behind bars.

Actual lyrics to the beautiful show theme song (they cut & paste stanza's 1 & 2) are very appropriate:

Until I'm one with you
My heart shall not pass through
It'll only be forsaken
Until I'm one with you
Our world is torn in two
Until I'm one with you
Our love will be mistaken
Until I'm one with you
My death they will pursue
Until I'm one with you
My life will be degraded

Reaction Score
Read a few interviews w/ the showrunner. Ratings were down about a 1/3 over the first season and FX hasn't committed to a third. He wanted a more open-ended finale, but FX asked them to wrap things up more. The network specifically wanted Marco and Sonia to conclude the season together. Linder apparently nearly died several times in the writers' room, but survived to provide the only really happy ending. Funny aside - Ray (Charlotte's boyfriend) was supposed to end the season as a stripper in a seedy nightclub, but they couldn't get his scenes to fit neatly into the finale.

Another aside: the woman who ran the first season left to work on Homeland's current season that just debuted.

Reaction Score
Yes, I've listened to Elwood Reid interviewed in a couple podcasts on Grantland. He mentioned last year that the female writer that returned to Homeland (did season 1, now back to right ship) was largely doing the David Tate plot whereas Reid was specializing in the 'weird' Bridge. Reid had some really interesting points about using non-TV trained writers to get better stories and using hyper specificity to tell more about his characters/make them real (i.e. awful coffee when cops visit the bank).

Not surprising about Linder. That's funny about Ray, I was ok without it as I cared about him only insomuch as he affected Charlotte. Her character definitely got a bum ride this season. I think that character was capable of a lot more given the actresses chops, but they kind of wrote her into a corner from the get-go.

Reaction Score
Yes, I've listened to Elwood Reid interviewed in a couple podcasts on Grantland. He mentioned last year that the female writer that returned to Homeland (did season 1, now back to right ship) was largely doing the David Tate plot whereas Reid was specializing in the 'weird' Bridge. Reid had some really interesting points about using non-TV trained writers to get better stories and using hyper specificity to tell more about his characters/make them real (i.e. awful coffee when cops visit the bank).

Not surprising about Linder. That's funny about Ray, I was ok without it as I cared about him only insomuch as he affected Charlotte. Her character definitely got a bum ride this season. I think that character was capable of a lot more given the actresses chops, but they kind of wrote her into a corner from the get-go.

Reid said both he and Meredith Stiehm got "bored" with the David Tate plot, but had to stick with it because that was the basis of the original Broen - the Danish show where the bridge connected Denmark and Sweden. But they ended that two episodes short of the finale to get a jump on the second season.

Agree they never knew what to do with Charlotte this season.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Oh, I thought this was about one of my favorite bands (unfortunately now mostly defunct):

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom