OT - The Boneyard Greatest Movie of All-Time Tournament | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT - The Boneyard Greatest Movie of All-Time Tournament

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
Easily top 10 if not top 2 (matrix 1 wins). Named my dog bodhi

I just love the character interactions and dialogue is so unintentionally hilarious. The remake was a travesty...for a fun YouTube video check out Alex honnold critiquing a bunch of famous climbing scenes and he basically all over the waterfall scene from the remake

Fun story I just read about...Keanu actually turned down a role in Heat, which I've seen mentioned in this thread a few times, so he could do a Shakespeare play at some Canadian theatre. The guy doesn't do it for the money and never compromises who he is. I think it's also pretty well known he gave away most of the $75mil he made from the matrix to the stunt and costume team
I didn't know that about Keanu giving the money to the stunt and costume team. Wow! Need more guys like him in the world.

Reaction Score
I submitted and don't necessarily remember my order but these were the 10 I put in:

The Prestige
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Love Actually
The Dark Knight
Shawshank Redemption
Interstellar
Inception
Top Gun
Empire Strikes Back
The Dark Knight Rises

I had no idea Christopher Nolan posted on this board (though to be fair I agree with a lot of these). I only included one representative per series.

The Empire Strikes Back
Inception
The Big Lebowski
Rocky
Back to the Future
Forrest Gump
Ocean's Eleven
The Matrix
The Bourne Identity
Rounders
Boondock Saints
Fight Club
Pulp Fiction
Superbad
The Prestige
Lord of the Rings (any)

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
election is a decent movie but if cruel intentions is a better showcase for reese
I like her in Wild. Not a great movie, and it isn't a showcase for her looks, but it is definitely interesting and watchable.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I’ll do my absolute best Bob. If anyone wants to throw out some categories they’d like to see, let me know.
i'll 'throw out a category.' hows aboot a big thanks for doing this thread, since my post is now in the #200's, which proves the popularity of the topic. anybody, anywhere, at anytime, who actually does anything deserves kudos. noice. any old 'final form' is all good. 'cider house rules.' lol.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Earlier in the afternoon I was watching original Avengers and having Tony Stark calling Thor Point Break is a perfect line.
Such a throwaway line too. That's makes it even better.

Reaction Score
If heist movies are your metier, try "Riffi" and "Topkapi." I started a thread on Entertainment on films worth viewing. I am providing a list of those introduced and in planning stage. the first trio was : "Oldboy", "The Red
Balloon'" and "The Last Temptation of Christ." The next group was "The Seven Samurai," "The Magnificent Seven," and "Breaking Away." The most recent, completed today are: "Judgement at Nuremberg," "The Ox-Bow Incident," and "12 Angry Men." Coming up: "The Exorcist," "Carrie," and "The Bride of Frankenstein."
Then "The Grapes of Wrath," "The Magnificent Ambersons", and "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn." Others include
"The Class," "The Best Years of Our Lives," and "To Kill a Mockingbird."

I try to introduce some lesser known films as well as looking back to films most have but perhaps not in many years.
All I had to read was "heist movies" and a light bulb turned on. Had not thought of this movie in years but has to rank as one of the best heist movies ever made....."Gambit"....from 1966, staring Michael Caine in one of his best roles and Shirley Maclaine.

I think you and I might be the only ones who list "Bride of Frankenstein", James Whale's masterpiece, and one of the only sequels of a great film that was even better than the original.

Reaction Score
Here's my list.

1. L.A. Confidential
2. A Few Good Men
3. Gladiator
4. Young Frankenstein
5. Jaws
6. The Godfather Part II
7. Braveheart
8. Rocky
9. The Dark Knight
10. The Bourne Ultimatum
11. The French Connection
12. Hoosiers
13. Groundhog Day
14. Alien
15. Saving Private Ryan
16. Close Encounter of the 3rd Kind

Reaction Score
Chinatown
All Quiet on the Western Front
The French Connection
Mutiny on the Bounty
Dr. Strangelove
Fantasia (when stoned)
Midnight Cowboy
Some Like it Hot

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
John Wick is a masterpiece and your disrespect is unforgivable.

No disrespect, great movie. I just don't think your appreciating how high up on the pantheon Point break really is.

"Back off Warchild, seriously."

EDIT: now that I'm thinking of Swayze, another movie that absolutely must be on this list is:

Road House

No idea if anybody mentioned it or not. But they should have.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Patience gentlemen. I’m going to start compiling the results tonight after I watch True Detective and assuming I don’t fall asleep on the couch. Anyone have any suggestions for statistical breakdowns they’d like to see? I’ve suggested era, genre, top 10 directors. I don’t think I’ll go as far as actor, would just be too many players involved.

Are we doing a tournament?

Don't forget to include Road House like I mentioned above. Would be a criminal oversight if not.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Are we doing a tournament?

Don't forget to include Road House like I mentioned above. Would be a criminal oversight if not.
Submit an entry with it and it will be entered.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Submit an entry with it and it will be entered.

I thought we could include lists on here. That was my list. Road House.

I did it anyway just to be sure. Added Point Break for emphasis in case there's seeding.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I thought we could include lists on here. That was my list. Road House.

I did it anyway just to be sure. Added Point Break for emphasis in case there's seeding.
No you have to submit through his link or they are not counted.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
No you have to submit through his link or they are not counted.

But Mano posted this:

P.S. To anyone who wants to, feel free to post your lists here, like tomtom started to. Some good debate is always welcome on the Boneyard I think.

Reaction Score
But Mano posted this:
Yea that was more meant to have a fun discussion. Only entries through the Google form will be tabulated. I’m going to weight everyone’s choice based on how they ranked them. Then we will have a bracket based tourney to vote on a winner.

Reaction Score
Chinatown
All Quiet on the Western Front
The French Connection
Mutiny on the Bounty
Dr. Strangelove
Fantasia (when stoned)
Midnight Cowboy
Some Like it Hot
Which "Mutiny on the Bounty"? The original with Clark Gable, Franchot Tone, and Charles Laughton.....or the 1962 version with Marlon Brando, Trevor Howard, and Richard Harris? I liked them both for different reasons, but curious which one you are referring to?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yea that was more meant to have a fun discussion. Only entries through the Google form will be tabulated. I’m going to weight everyone’s choice based on how they ranked them. Then we will have a bracket based tourney to vote on a winner.

Ahh, I thought you'd have some script or something. OK.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Seems like a lot of posters think there weren't any good movies before they were born.
This is an impossible task. Every post I read reminds me of one or two I missed.

Reaction Score
Dr. Zhivago
Cool Hand Luke
Mulholland Drive
It's a Wonderful Life
Godfather 1 & 2
Shawshank Redemption
Patton
Fight Club
Lawrence of Arabia
Ground Hog Day
Annie Hall
All the President's Men
Adaptation
Animal House
The Big Lebowski
Kill Bill Vol 2
Hot Tub Time Machine

Last edited:
Reaction Score
BTW - I use this website to track all the movies I've seen: icheckmovies.com

I'm at 3,657

Reaction Score
This is my list already posted to the special contest site:
Casablanca
Grapes of Wrath
The Bicycle Thief
Seven Samurai
All The President's Men
The Producers
The Godfather 1
Fitzcarraldo
Good fellas
Silence of the Lambs
Double Indemnity
No Country for Old Men
Groundhog Day
Once Upon a Time in the West
Laura
The Leopard

With the exception of Casablanca, the order is arbitrary. These are all films I return to again and again. There are quite a few others as the films worth viewing proves.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is my list already posted to the special contest site:
Casablanca
Grapes of Wrath
The Bicycle Thief
Seven Samurai
All The President's Men
The Producers
The Godfather 1
Fitzcarraldo
Good fellas
Silence of the Lambs
Double Jeopardy
No Country for Old Men
Groundhog Day
Once Upon a Time in the West
Laura
The Leopard

With the exception of Casablanca, the order is arbitrary. These are all films I return to again and again. There are quite a few others as the films worth viewing proves.
Good pick on Laura, great flick.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom