The Boneyard Greatest Movie of All-Time Tournament - Round 1: Part 3 - VOTE NOW! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Boneyard Greatest Movie of All-Time Tournament - Round 1: Part 3 - VOTE NOW!

These are 2 separate matchups. Please pick your favorite from each pair.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
This whole "Boneyard Greatest Movie of All Time" tournament is a joke and makes a mockery of many American cinema classics. The choices should have been weighted by critical acclaim, Oscars, BAFTA, Golden Globes, box office, etc. Leaving it to the Boneyard knuckleheads to list their favorite movies is something entirely different from a true Greatest Movie of All Time tournament.
ikr? this tourney is a travesty!...lol.

Reaction Score
So, it's just like the NCAA. Half the teams in the tourney are auto bids where almost no one believes they are one of the best.

And, instead of a straight statistical analysis for seeding, it works partly based on popular opinion of the polls.
Hey I totally get it, "Dumb and Dumber" is a popular film on the Boneyard and as such should be a #1 seed.:rolleyes:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Decided to look at Comments before voting because I've never seen the first two, and I thought it was so unfair that "Princess Bride" was a 15. Amazing to see that I'm not the only one with similar thoughts on the latter. That said, three years ago I saw "Casablanca" in Wooster Square for the first time in many years, and it was terrific.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
ikr? this tourney is a travesty!...lol.

Back in HS, I wanted to be Roger Grimsby. I always loved that when WABC let him go, they not only fired him, but they also bought the building across the street where three of his favorite bars were. That's a sign that you've really peed off your bosses.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
It's a bit dated and boring, and is facing a huge fan favorite. Put simply Casablanca is the better movie. Princess Bride is more fun to watch and more entertaining.

It also has Andre the Giant.

Reaction Score
Hey I totally get it, "Dumb and Dumber" is a popular film on the Boneyard and as such should be a #1 seed.:rolleyes:
Dumb and Dumber is a 15 seed, so who’s the dumby now!?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It also has Andre the Giant.
I've often thought Casablanca would have been better with Andre the Giant. Perhaps in the Claude Rains role?

1553282032085.png

Major Strasser: Renault, I want this club closed. I really mean it.
Captain Renault: Anybody want a peanut?

Reaction Score
People voting for Princess Bride (a really good movie) over Casablanca also brought you predictions for a 21 win basketball season and a 5 win football season.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I've often thought Casablanca would have been better with Andre the Giant. Perhaps in the Claude Rains role?

View attachment 41216
Major Strasser: Renault, I want this club closed. I really mean it.
Captain Renault: Anybody want a peanut?

That's what I was trying to do above, but you built a solid setup so execution of the punchline was much better. Kudos.

Reaction Score
Poll closes tonight! Casablanca and Princess Bride in a barn burner!

Reaction Score
Princess bride with the 15 over 2 upset! Andre the giant was huge down low in helping the 15th seed squeak by!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Yeah I’m sure people rewatch the Princess Bride all the time:rolleyes:

I don't think I've ever watched that one all the way through even once.

"Casablanca" is a cinematic treasure, almost universally acclaimed as one of, or the greatest film of all time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My goodness, guys, it’s a stupid freaking movie tournament on a formerly glorious college’s sports internet fan forum. Quit taking yourselves so seriously. It was ALL essentially meaningless to begin with.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It is a result so mind-numbingly stupid that it almost renders the rest of the tournament worthless.

Yep. I love Princess Bride and my wife jokes about "Why do you watch that so often?". But as great as it is for some of the classic scenes and memes, Casablanca simply towers over it as a cinematic treasure.

I'm reminded of Pittsburgh International, where at the top of the escalators, there are two statues: George Washington and Franco Harris. As if they were equals.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
My goodness, guys, it’s a stupid freaking movie tournament on a formerly glorious college’s sports internet fan forum. Quit taking yourselves so seriously. It was ALL essentially meaningless to begin with.

Nah. You underestimate the power of this poll. It is a proxy on the decline of American civilization.

Reaction Score
I mean, isn't the point of this to have a discussion and air opinions? If we didn't get irrationally upset about meaningless things, we wouldn't love college basketball.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
blastphemer!2.gif

You just shut up and run the tourney thread movie-boy!

;)

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Yep. I love Princess Bride and my wife jokes about "Why do you watch that so often?". But as great as it is for some of the classic scenes and memes, Casablanca simply towers over it as a cinematic treasure.

I'm reminded of Pittsburgh International, where at the top of the escalators, there are two statues: George Washington and Franco Harris. As if they were equals.

In Pittsburgh, they are equals! In fact, Harris would probably emerge victorious in a poll such as this one between the two of them.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
In Pittsburgh, they are equals! In fact, Harris would probably emerge victorious in a poll such as this one between the two of them.

A few years ago perhaps, but not since he defended Paterno. Perfectly fine here for your QB to rape underage women, but not to cover up raping kids, y'know. Gotta have standards!

Reaction Score
Perhaps it would have survived if only the alternate ending could have been tacked on.

Reaction Score
People voting for Princess Bride (a really good movie) over Casablanca also brought you predictions for a 21 win basketball season and a 5 win football season.
This tournament is a joke..............the following clip is from a film that is regarded by most film critics as one of the top ten movies ever made. The acting in it it was incredible, two performances by child actors were memorable, and it was the great Martin Scorcese's crowning achievement. It did not not receive one vote in this stupid tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom