The biggest week of the season! | The Boneyard

The biggest week of the season!

Reaction Score
This is the make or break week for UConn. These next three games are when they earn a top four seed or end up with an eight or nine seed. I went through everything that went right, everything that went wrong and how those things are going to impact the next three games on TOP DOGS this week:

Apple Podcasts
Youtube

Also, I think it's important to add some context to the season that UConn is having. I tried to do that in here as well. Curious what all your thoughts are. It feels doom and gloom when ... we're kinda right where we are supposed to be?

Reaction Score
I think if UConn drops Villanova and @ Creighton a #6 seed is most likely. 5-1 with a win over Nova and a Creighton loss a #4 seed is probable. Flip the Creighton and Nova results at 5-1 and a #5 seed. Any combination of three losses other than GT or Depaul a #7 most likely. An #8 could happen if one of the three losses is Depaul or Georgetown. IMO

The #8 seed could be a brutal matchup for any #1 seed including the Zags. Especially considering UConn fans would travel well to San Diego or even Portland. I could see UConn in a match-up rock fight with Gonzaga if the stars aligned. The Zags are another level elite this year though as the KenPom disparity at the top is the largest ever between the number 1 and 2 KP teams in the KP era. I think 2011 is the closest year on record meaning second largest gap. So Gonzaga is a HUGE fav to win it all.

What are your thoughts on Murray State, Wyoming and Chattanooga (Without De Sousa in win over Furman)? It will be interesting to see if Wyoming now ranked avoids the upset tonight against UNM considering they won by only 2 @ Arena-Auditorium three weeks ago.

Have a great night. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon
Top Bottom