the biggest upset In NCAA football history | The Boneyard

the biggest upset In NCAA football history

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
That's why they play the game! I'll be watching and expecting a UCONN win. Let's go!

Reaction Score
306774240_6218578148188889_5790515846211542812_n.jpg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It wont happen in Ann Arbor tomorrow
Sorry

Reaction Score
My vote is for when 1-3 Stanford, at the time one of the absolute dregs in college football, beat No. 1 USC as a 41 point underdog. I remember watching the end of that game in a grimy frat house and everyone going wild.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I'd feel much more confident if we were 47 point dogs to UNLV.
Ok hear ya', but you know if we were 47 point underdogs to UNLV we would probably be 79 point underdogs to Michigan! lol

Reaction Score
If we go by money, then yeah, but, from our era ( I'm talking the past 35 seasons ) I like our upset of Notre Dame AT Notre Dame in 2009 better, along with then FCS App State beating Michigan at the Big House in 2007.... (here's hoping for another "shock the world" moment for us tomorrow...)

Reaction Score
As much as I would LOVE to see Uconn pull an upset this weekend, I don't see any plausible path the victory for The Huskies. Michigan does not play a style of football where they beat themselves. On offense they'll bludgeon you with the run game, and then take some shots down field when they get the matchups in their favor.

On defense they're going to load the box with extra defenders and force Uconn to go downfield, which to date they have not shown they are capable of doing. Sadly I think this is going to be really ugly. The biggest wins will be coming away without any major injuries, and the young players getting to experience playing in a major college environment. Any scores or big plays will ne something to build on.

Reaction Score
Michigan's defense is too good. Unless Turner plays out of his mind tomorrow it's not going to be close.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
As much as I would LOVE to see Uconn pull an upset this weekend, I don't see any plausible path the victory for The Huskies. Michigan does not play a style of football where they beat themselves. On offense they'll bludgeon you with the run game, and then take some shots down field when they get the matchups in their favor.

On defense they're going to load the box with extra defenders and force Uconn to go downfield, which to date they have not shown they are capable of doing. Sadly I think this is going to be really ugly. The biggest wins will be coming away without any major injuries, and the young players getting to experience playing in a major college environment. Any scores or big plays will ne something to build on.
I like your thoughts on what we can likely expect, and what we have to gain here. The Huskies have to develop a workable and effective passing game in order to be competitive with quality opponents like Michigan, and even to beat mediocre teams. This is the time to begin putting it together. ZT needs protection in order to stay in the pocket and make sharp and timely passes, and we need guys who can get open. I'm okay with the focus on a shorter passing game for now with the occasional longer pass play to keep opponents on their toes, but we HAVE to start doing it. With lesser talent and experience than Michigan, we have to play smart football to compensate as much as possible. Overall we are protecting the ball better, which is good, but we have to play with intelligence and intentionality out there and try our best to play our game rather than let the opponent shake us from our game plan, resulting in costly blunders. This week I would also like to see us putting Michigan further backfield on punts rather than having them start their drives already near midfield. That's a killer.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I’m thinking picking Michigan isn’t a bad idea with the hopes UConn pulls a rabbit out of their arse

Reaction Score
If we go by money, then yeah, but, from our era ( I'm talking the past 35 seasons ) I like our upset of Notre Dame AT Notre Dame in 2009 better, along with then FCS App State beating Michigan at the Big House in 2007.... (here's hoping for another "shock the world" moment for us tomorrow...)
The irony there is that you could legitimately argue that we had better athletes than ND in many positions. To say nothing of the fact that that Husky team was about as physical as any in college football at the time.

Reaction Score
Our upset at ND? We were the better team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom