The biggest disappointment of the game | The Boneyard

The biggest disappointment of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For me was the negativity of some of the fans on the game thread.

Stanford played a great game.

UConn's day will come

Not the matador defense, not the failure to execute on offense in the final 2 minutes, but the way your fellow fans expressed themselves in the game thread was your biggest objection to tonight's proceedings? Lord almighty.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score

UConn's day will come
I kinda think losing sucks more! And Stanford did play a very good game.

Reaction Score
At first maybe. But even I thought the team would pull it together. Instead they gave the game away.

Reaction Score

UConn's day will come

I agree with your assessment. Stanford played better than us, it wasn't our night.
Love the fact that the quarterback coaching is out and proud right now.....it doesn't happen often. Oh poor us we have the worst coach in the whole world(this is sarcasm by the way :rolleyes:)

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Two types of posters come out when UConn loses:
1. The Chicken Little type who say the sky is falling
2. The Polyanna Type who say everything is wonderful and don't criticise anything UConn players do. (or don't do.)

Reaction Score
2. The Polyanna Type who say everything is wonderful and don't criticise anything UConn players do. (or don't do.)
which are you?

Reaction Score

UConn's day will come
Did it hurt your sensibilities or did you think the girls might be offended or exactly what are you concerned about? I think there will be a lot of critiquing over game film by Geno and the staff and the girls, if they don't already know what type of misplays or mistakes they may have made or lapses, they will then. I don't think the staff will be sugar coating any of the issues that were exposed tonight. There was a multitude of them and some of them were very profound. Particularly from upperclassmen.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
I've been following sports for sixty years. I like to think I'm a realist. Don't you follow my posts?
So now there's at least 3 types of posters that come out after losses, which means there's likely many more types yet to be discovered. :eek:

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
It was a disappointing game on many levels.
Stanford was able to shut down vital parts of our offense.
And when it counted, we couldn't stop them.
KS worries me for the rest of the season.
Others, who have performed before couldn't overcome Stanford.
It would have been a great game to win at the end.
Don't know where MJ was during much of the game.
UConn needed to make it unproductive for Stanford to live all over KML, and they could not.
Stanford had a great game plan and they executed.
If this keeps up, I'll have to buy a dog so I have something to kick.

Reaction Score
After the Davis game, which I saw in person, I had thought about posting a message asking folks who were predicting a 30-point win to calm down a little. I decided against it, figuring I'd be labeled a naysayer.

What I was thinking at the time was that a team with a solid inside presence and decent defense could really challenge this UConn team at this point in the season. Maybe not later, when Geno gets them sorted out, but early, when they didn't really know how to react under game pressure. What I didn't figure was that a team with height but no real post presence and phenomenal defense could do in UConn's game and, more importantly, throw off their defense. That's what Stanford did. Give them credit not only for playing their game and scoring 88 points in the process, but for keeping UConn from doing what it wanted to do most of the game. The defense on Kaleena was a clinic, and Breanna has never been guarded more closely. It all forced UConn into a panic mode that their are not likely to lapse into later in the season.

But I'll tell you this: There are two teams out there that are better that Stanford, from what the pundits say, and unless UConn matches up better with them, it could be a long day with Notre Dame and SC if the coaching staff irons out the mistakes and fouls.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
KLM is a major defensive liability and will be all season. Maybe Geno can hide her against weak AAC opponents but she will get exposed all season against good teams. I think defense is more important than offense.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

That's it? Just black & white. No gray area.

Reaction Score
KML and MJ hard to pick one. I do believe that this loss may light a fire in the new leaders. Their time is now. Dobson and Hartley are gone.

Reaction Score

UConn's day will come

Several people have already illustrated your point, which was well taken.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Did it hurt your sensibilities or did you think the girls might be offended or exactly what are you concerned about? I think there will be a lot of critiquing over game film by Geno and the staff and the girls, if they don't already know what type of misplays or mistakes they may have made or lapses, they will then. I don't think the staff will be sugar coating any of the issues that were exposed tonight. There was a multitude of them and some of them were very profound. Particularly from upperclassmen.

Gee Buzz...did I touch a sore spot? The fans were definitely expressing their disappointment in UConn's performance in the same manner I would expect a bunch of spoiled children who expected to be handed an easy win and instead got a challenge and didn't know how to handle it. Possibly they were embarrassed by their pre game hubris and decided that attack was the best defense.

My sensibilities? Not anyone's concern. I am just amazed how quickly folks turn on a dime when things start going south. It's like playing cards online with anonymous people or in real life if you wish who after losing a hand or two just abruptly leave the game. They don't know how to lose.

There is no objectivity, just this sucks or that one lost the game for "us" and then dissing everything about the team. And I found that disappointing, to say the least.

And it has nothing to do with what Geno will tell them. I mentioned in more than one post that there will be a lot of watching of the tape on this one, and that implies that there will be a lot of teaching moments. Geno knows this team. He will get it done.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
That UConnChapette went all that way to watch a loss? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads