The Big10 is definitely NOT overrated | The Boneyard

The Big10 is definitely NOT overrated

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Losing a 2 and a 4 in the opening round, nothing to see

Losing a 1 to a mid major in the second round? It happens (right)

They're still a head and shoulder above everyone else

:cool:

Sorry, I have to rejoice in other peoples' misery in this tournament

Go Cougars (and our ladies of course)

Reaction Score
Go cougars?? I don’t wish any success for the aac. Go zags.

Reaction Score

Let’s see how many of the nine teams from the Big 14 get to s16.

Reaction Score
Loyola was criminally under seeded. The selection committee made sure this matchup happened for tv.
What was their resume? Net rating, quad 1 and 2 wins/losses, etc? How did it compared to other 8 or 9 seeds? Too lazy to look it up

Reaction Score
Go cougars?? I don’t wish any success for the aac. Go zags.
You can hate the AAC leadership but stepping back that hate is completely irrational.
It was a league we created
but hating the basketball schools who are the. definition of second class citizens Is really stupid. That basketball community as a whole was supportive of UConn Basketball and Sampson in particular expressed regrets at our leaving .
I wish Houston luck as they have more reason to hate us than we have of hating them.
Their commissioner and some of the football people are a different story.

Reaction Score
What was their resume? Net rating, quad 1 and 2 wins/losses, etc? How did it compared to other 8 or 9 seeds? Too lazy to look it up
2-2 in Q1, 4-2 in Q2, 10 NET, 9 KenPom, 13 Torvik

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
They’re the number 9 team at kenpom and 10 in NET

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You can hate the AAC leadership but stepping back that hate is completely irrational.
but hating the basketball schools who are the. definition of second class citizens Is really stupid. That basketball community as a whole was supportive of UConn Basketball and Sampson in particular expressed regrets at our leaving .
I wish Houston luck as they have more reason to hate us than we have of hating them.

Aside from Kansas I’d love to see Houston break through. I picked them for the final four in my bracket. Never trusted Illinois and didn’t like many others in that region.

Reaction Score
Wow. Did anyone ever ask the committee chair how that happened? Or did they just ignore it because they didn’t come from a power conference?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

For comparison, up to this point, B1G is 6-5 in the Dance. ACC is 1-5 (correction, 2-5).

Then again, Pac12 is 5-0. Nobody's gonna say they're the best conference. B12 is 6-1.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
nope

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Wow. Did anyone ever ask the committee chair how that happened? Or did they just ignore it because they didn’t come from a power conference?

They lost to Wisconsin in their only real out of conference test. But experienced teams have always been dangerous in March. They play all Sr and Jr. and those seniors were on a team that made a final four run their freshman year. They know what it takes.

Reaction Score
They lost to Wisconsin in their only real out of conference test. But experienced teams have always been dangerous in March. They play all Sr and Jr. and those seniors were on a team that made a final four run their freshman year. They know what it takes.
Oh I know all that about them Hawk. But did the media ask the chair about their seeding? That seems insane that they were an 8 seed. What a horrible job by the committee

MJ1

Reaction Score
ACC 2-5
Cuse and Florida St. each won.
2-5 still horrible!

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Oh I know all that about them Hawk. But did the media ask the chair about their seeding? That seems insane that they were an 8 seed. What a horrible job by the committee

Mid majors who beat no quality teams out of conference don’t get seeded much higher than 8. They even lost to Richmond. I think they were only seeded that high because of the run four years ago.

Their potential seed was discussed here Court Report: The tech that can save the NCAA Tournament, how to seed Loyola Chicago and top 10 days of season

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The most overrated conference in the history of the expression overrated

The most overrated conference in the history of conferences too

Reaction Score
Sampson alway said good things about our basketball program. He even credited the Uconn fans when we beat them in the AAC Tournament in Hartford a few years ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom