The Big East | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LMAO. Or we’ll do what exactly? Play as an independent?
The tides are changing. We’re literally single handedly keeping the NCAA bball tournament as an all league event. Everyone knows the BIG/SEC/Big 12 want to start their own tournament but they can’t realistically do that with the best basketball program of the last 30 years not included. We’re driving our own bus now and if our President and AD don’t drop the ball we now have a window to get into a power conference. Football still drives decisions, but basketball and media matter enough to tip the scales.

Reaction Score
Think about what UConn's KP would be playing in the AAC. Not a chance in hell at a one seed. Even a top four seed would likely be out of reach. Not to mention no games in Storrs South. Sorry, I don't see it. And don't say, "Well, we would've moved up to the B12 with Houston," as that would show your ignorance of Rule #1.
It doesn’t matter. Forget about KenPom and the rest. You guys obsess over that and it is unadulterated horse crap. We just beat the 2nd best team in the country by 15 points for the national championship. We went on a 30-0 run against the Big 10 tournament champ. We won by an average of more than 20/game. We won our league games by an average of 18/ game they said last night, and you think we would have been bothered being a 3 seed or something? Seriously? Good grief, do you watch the actual games?

Reaction Score
It doesn’t matter. Forget about KenPom and the rest. You guys obsess over that and it is unadulterated horse crap. We just beat the 2nd best team in the country by 15 points for the national championship. We went on a 30-0 run against the Big 10 tournament champ. We won by an average of more than 20/game. We won our league games by an average of 18/ game they said last night, and you think we would have been bothered being a 3 seed or something? Seriously? Good grief, do you watch the actual games?
The Big East provided a platform to return to glory and we took it with two hands and then some. It's not that hard to grasp, unless of course you are not arguing in good faith. But you would never do that, would you?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
These last two years never happen if UConn did things your way, scoot.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Not only do I watch the games, I also understand how college basketball works. We wouldn't have even gotten a three seed, and maybe not even Brooklyn to Boston as the champion of a one-bid league.

I don't even think we'd have had the same rosters over the past few years. AAC... phfft.

JInQ4h.gif

Reaction Score
Duke NC and Virginia have contacted Big East officials about leaving the ACC and joining next year.
This sounds like a topic for a separate thread.

Quality BB schools, but does it guarantee greater TV revenue or other tangible financial benefits within the structure of the Big East since those factors have been the impetus from many, for seeking another conference?

Reaction Score
Not only do I watch the games, I also understand how college basketball works. We wouldn't have even gotten a three seed, and maybe not even Brooklyn to Boston as the champion of a one-bid league.

I don't even think we'd have had the same rosters over the past few years. AAC... phfft.

JInQ4h.gif
Dan Hurley begs to differ but I’m sure you know way more than he does so you must be right. Hurley has zero reason to diss the NBE but of course he did. Said it didn’t matter and we had already turned the corner before we joined up. The other thing is that leagues don’t win championships. Teams win championships. You guys are so obsessed with the metrics that you miss that fundamental point. Did Illinois look like the #4 scoring team they are in KenPom or some others? Before you answer remember we went on a 30-0 run. Heck I suspect a middle school team would score a point.

You know what would have happened if we were a five seed? We’d have beaten Purdue a few days earlier. Not in the East? We win as west champ as we’ve done several times before? If you want the Kenpom championship that’s great. I prefer the real thing.

Reaction Score
I'm not a UConn fan, but I'd say ... your opinion on this question determines how you view life and competitiveness, and loyalty as a whole...

I will say one thing. I rooted for UConn, and a lot of posts in this thread make me not want to anymore, lol...

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Dan Hurley begs to differ but I’m sure you know way more than he does so you must be right. Hurley has zero reason to diss the NBE but of course he did. Said it didn’t matter and we had already turned the corner before we joined up. The other thing is that leagues don’t win championships. Teams win championships. You guys are so obsessed with the metrics that you miss that fundamental point. Did Illinois look like the #4 scoring team they are in KenPom or some others? Before you answer remember we went on a 30-0 run. Heck I suspect a middle school team would score a point.

You know what would have happened if we were a five seed? We’d have beaten Purdue a few days earlier. Not in the East? We win as west champ as we’ve done several times before? If you want the Kenpom championship that’s great. I prefer the real thing.
Since you're solidly stuck in your belief that UConn would've had the same team and same results in the AAC as they have had in the BE, let me take a different approach and ask you a couple of questions... why would Tristen Newton transfer from ECU to another team in the AAC? Why would Cam Spencer transfer from a B1G team to a one-bid conference if he was looking to play championshp ball? Hell, I doubt we even get Hass or Joey California.

You would not be looking at the same roster. And you would not have BE competition to ready you for the tournament.

Dan Hurley is the coach of the team I root for. He is not my messiah. He has proven himself to be quite human and fallible. He is capable of exaggeration and self-importance. I trust him on roster construction and day-to-day operation of the team, as well as in-game management. I do not trust him as much when it comes to an assertion that he already turned the corner when UConn rejoined the BE. He hadn't even found an offense yet.

Reaction Score
I bet Kentucky will be talking to Few. So Gonzaga may not be so shiny.
Don’t see few ever leaving. At least not for anywhere he can’t go fly fishing. But I agree Gonzaga is nothing without him.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As Hurley says, we bring a lot to the Bug East and we were going to be great with or without them. Hurley gets what NEWBIE fanboys don’t. The decision to move to the NEWBIE had zero to do with the last 2 years.
Fetch Mean Girls GIF by Paramount Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32