The Big East should add UMASS | The Boneyard

The Big East should add UMASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lets face it folks, the next shoe to drop is West Virginia and Louisville to the Big 12. We are in the nightmere scenerio. Accept it.

And accept that the Big East should add UMASS to the conference. We need a new local rival with Syracuse gone. UMASS would give us that local rival. It would also help with the developing travel situation for the rest of our sports.

Reaction Score
Uh UMASS isn't going anywhere so maybe the Big East should see how things turn out before they make a drastic decision.

Reaction Score
You guys are in denial. We are screwed unless we get into the ACC or Big 10. I'm assuming West Virginia and Louisville are gone to the big 12. Who do you want to add to the conference?

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
i'd rather fold up the athletic department

Reaction Score
You guys are in denial. We are screwed unless we get into the ACC or Big 10. I'm assuming West Virginia and Louisville are gone to the big 12. Who do you want to add to the conference?

Because assuming things during this madness is a great thing to do. Things are playing exactly as people are saying! Except not. The Big 12 isn't exactly stable either. Not sure I see people stumbling over themselves to join that conference. Travel would be pretty WVU.

Reaction Score

UMASS is way, way down on the list of schools I would take. Like literally the bottom. Non starter. Are they even FBS? Also if you assumed anything in the last 48 hours, Uconn and Rutgers were going to the ACC. WVU was going to the SEC. Navy was going to the Big East. Air Force was going to the Big East. TX, TT, OK and OKST were going to the pac12. The remaining big east and big 12 teams were merging. ND may be going to the ACC. And none of that happened. Maybe you should relax and see what unfolds.

Reaction Score
Why would we want 3 BCS programs between CT/MA with Quse moving to a more powerful ACC conference? Quse/BCU have been the destination for top New England talent for a long time, adding UMass now, after we've made such progress, wouldn't be wise.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Being a Met fan has affected your brain....

Lets face it folks, the next shoe to drop is West Virginia and Louisville to the Big 12. We are in the nightmere scenerio. Accept it.

And accept that the Big East should add UMASS to the conference. We need a new local rival with Syracuse gone. UMASS would give us that local rival. It would also help with the developing travel situation for the rest of our sports.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score

I went to Middlebury. We should add them. That will give us a New England rival.

Reaction Score
Delaware? UMass? Hey let's see if Vermont & Boston University will reinstate their football programs and may we can resurrect the old Yankee Conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom