The Big East Isn’t Only About UConn | The Boneyard

The Big East Isn’t Only About UConn

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
"Connecticut’s return to the Big East last year carried with it both opportunity and frustration for the other members of the conference."
“I think we just use it as fuel to the fire,” Villanova forward Maddy Siegrist said about the focus on the Huskies. “It’s definitely exciting to have a team of that caliber, and they have been successful for so long. With that said, you know I feel like people are always one way or the other way. They either hate UConn or love them.”

Reaction Score
Perhaps my perception and/or memory is flawed, but there were a number of games last year in which clearly weaker teams came out fired up and gave UCONN some rough moments in the first half. Some of it might have been Husky slow start.
Although no one in the BE can come close to matching our starting 5, whatever it may turn out to be, or the total rotation, there are some very talented individuals scattered through the conference. Maddie Seagrist is just one.
Those returning this season will remember how UCONN went through the conference schedule and tourney like a scythe through the weeds.
This is by no means, the SEC, Pac-12 or Big Ten. But no one likes to be the WCBB version of the Washington Generals playing straight man for the Globetrotters. Wanna see if that first game against Seton Hall is a grinding, physical grudge match on the Pirate's part.

Reaction Score
Then BE opponents: recruit and compete. It has been done before.
In their defense, money raises its ugly head. They simply can't invest in wbb the way that the football rich programs do. UConn's long-running fan support makes them different. The expense of the wbb program pays for itself more than the others through home ticket sales

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom