The Big East is planning on canceling the non-conference portion of its fall sports schedules. (Basketball is not impacted - yet?). | The Boneyard

The Big East is planning on canceling the non-conference portion of its fall sports schedules. (Basketball is not impacted - yet?).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I am increasingly concerned that basketball will be impacted. Perhaps no season at all. Soccer is a lower risk sport than basketball. XC is really nearly no risk at all.

Reaction Score
There will not be a basketball season. As soon as the Ivy League cancelled their fall sports it seemed pretty clear it’s wait til November 2021 for the next UConn hoops game. The NBA is playing in a “bubble” and it won’t work. The “only conference games” thing is ridiculous. That’s giving fans false hope

Reaction Score
They cancelled Fall, not Winter sports yet. I think they will play basketball, most likely conference only and after January 1st with NO fans. This is assuming the numbers are dropping in the Fall and not going up like they are now. We may even have a vaccine by January.

Reaction Score
XC is really nearly no risk at all.
My fall coaching sport is middle school XC. If parents provide the kids' own transportation to the meets, I agree, this is the lowest risk possible for a sport. The only issue is that volume of students: an average meet has about 200 students total.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There will not be a basketball season. As soon as the Ivy League cancelled their fall sports it seemed pretty clear it’s wait til November 2021 for the next UConn hoops game. The NBA is playing in a “bubble” and it won’t work. The “only conference games” thing is ridiculous. That’s giving fans false hope
Okay, Chachi.

Reaction Score
Georgia governor rescinded requirement to wear masks while cases in his state are spiking. With morons like that in charge, this will never end. Another Northeast D3 Conference just canceled all Fall sports.

Reaction Score
Patriot League canceled Fall sports too.

Reaction Score
I really hope the marketing person that wrote this is not a Uconn grad...no need for double negatives..I had to reread that 3x...How about "schedule will only include conference play"

"The BIG EAST has announced that 2020 fall sport schedules will not include non-conference play. "

Reaction Score
I am increasingly concerned that basketball will be impacted. Perhaps no season at all. Soccer is a lower risk sport than basketball. XC is really nearly no risk at all.

They are not cancelled. Just non-conference meets/matches.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I mean, I ran XC in high school. I’d say there is definitely risk. At the start of the race your entire team is crammed into box that’s about 10x10 and you are jockeying with the other teams on the edges. That part of the race would definitely need to be adjusted. There’s not a lot of contact (not zero though) during the race. The issue you run into is the heavy breathing while you pass each other and the chute at the end of the race.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom