The Big 5 ..ESPN hammering it home | The Boneyard

The Big 5 ..ESPN hammering it home

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fortebleedsblue

Front and center ESPN's college football page. The continued blitz/reminder on the Big East's irrelevance ... Shows the major conferences in bold with UConn's conference as a bottom side notes. Sucks to be a MAC conference now... Fan interest (along with support) will be lost if nothing changes.. Uconn will have just about as many meaningful articles/exposure to the college football sports world as Easten Michigan and Northern Illinois.

"But sources close to the BCS conversations say it's clear that the big five leagues -- ACC, Big 12, Big Ten, Pac-12 and SEC -- no longer consider the Big East part of their group."

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=8041193

Reaction Score
Front and center ESPN's college football page. The continued blitz/reminder on the Big East's irrelevance ... Shows the major conferences in bold with UConn's conference as a bottom side notes. Sucks to be a MAC conference now... Fan interest (along with support) will be lost if nothing changes.. Uconn will have just about as many meaningful articles/exposure to the college football sports world as Easten Michigan and Northern Illinois.

"But sources close to the BCS conversations say it's clear that the big five leagues -- ACC, Big 12, Big Ten, Pac-12 and SEC -- no longer consider the Big East part of their group."

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=8041193

Espn must know FSU and Clemson are gone yet they still talk up the conference.

I will gladly join the ACC as long as ESPN will pump up the conference regardless of who is in it. I just can't see how the ACC only loses two though.

Reaction Score
Those frigging sources talking again, and a clown like this buys it hook line and sinker and posts this drivel.

The BCS, and the big east conference role in it moving forward, meet face to face, for the first time - tomorrow. The sources that say, if you ask me, are nervous as hell, because even they aren't dumb enough to think that 5 is greater than 7.

F

fortebleedsblue

Those frigging sources talking again, and a clown like this buys it hook line and sinker and posts this drivel.

The BCS, and the big east conference role in it moving forward, meet face to face, for the first time - tomorrow. The sources that say, if you ask me, are nervous as hell, because even they aren't dumb enough to think that 5 is greater than 7.

Whether 'sources' are real, made up or RutgersAl it is irrelevant. Start pushing it enough and people will buy in and accept it as fact. That's the only point I was making... Things can and have manifested out of rumor/things with no substance. Not everyone has the gift of being a college football expert like you. Some of us are stuck being the clowns.

Reaction Score
I guess that's what happens when you cross the "Worldwide Leader in Sports." At some point, does the BE have a legitimate legal gripe and consider ESPN and the Big 5 to be colluding and destroying the competition?

Reaction Score
Big East = Big Errelevant

This is pretty funny for an ACC guy. You know, actual football games will be played and I would bank on the NBE eating the ACC's lunch on the field. Besides, without FSU and Clemson, the ACC is really bad and FSU and Clemson are long gone.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Bristol has been hammering this crap home since '03. Old news...

epark88

Reaction Score
Big East = Big Errelevant

It's spelled with an I sir, not an E. Watch:

'Irrelevent'

Kinda like your spelling skills, lol. Do they teach that where you're from?...

Reaction Score
It's spelled with an I sir, not an E. Watch:

'Irrelevent'

Kinda like your spelling skills, lol. Do they teach that where you're from?...

Jeez, if I have to explain everything to you...

The 'E' was intentional, a play on 'Big East'

Reaction Score
Whether 'sources' are real, made up or RutgersAl it is irrelevant. Start pushing it enough and people will buy in and accept it as fact. That's the only point I was making... Things can and have manifested out of rumor/things with no substance. Not everyone has the gift of being a college football expert like you. Some of us are stuck being the clowns.

most of us don't overreact b/c we've realized by now that while theoretically things can be manifest out of rumor, 99.9% of the B-S on the internet is just B-S on the internet. i'll wait until that 1 in a thousand bit is actually confirmed as reality to react, rather than reacting to every single one. i hope you realize most of these people are given quotas on how many articles to produce, regardless of there being any actual news.

Reaction Score
cool clemson's out maybe we can step in to their Big 12 spot before they change their mind and take it back before the August ACC deadline :)

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I can't wait for FSU and Clemson to leave the ACC for no other reason than we can get rid of this 'observer' guy. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately though, I have a sneaking suspicion that he will pop back up on this board using a different username.

epark88

Reaction Score
I can't wait for FSU and Clemson to leave the ACC for no other reason than we can get rid of this 'observer' guy. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately though, I have a sneaking suspicion that he will pop back up on this board using a different username.

And even if the 'Yard does ban him, it won't matter: another poster will just replace him. It is what it is.

As long as there are plenty of murky bridge abutments for them to breed, we will always have 'Observer' - type posters here...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
most of us don't overreact b/c we've realized by now that while theoretically things can be manifest out of rumor, 99.9% of the B-S on the internet is just B-S on the internet. i'll wait until that 1 in a thousand bit is actually confirmed as reality to react, rather than reacting to every single one. i hope you realize most of these people are given quotas on how many articles to produce, regardless of there being any actual news.

Exactly. But that goes for the confidence the ACC haters have that FSU and Clemson are gone. None of us should be confident in that.

If it isn't obvious by now, it should be. The power structure is built around large state institutions. On the field performance doesn't mean squat. Which means the ACC has pull. It also means that UConn and Rutgers have a fair chance at landing in the club. It's the private schools and minor state schools, like Houston, Memphis, SFU, CFU, Boise and SDSU that will be given the cold shoulder. This is about politics at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom