The Big 10 and Rutgers | The Boneyard

The Big 10 and Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wonder what the Big 10 is thinking these days. Uconn has beaten them in football, women's basketball and their men's basketball team is ranked number 199 in the nation. Perhaps they could have made a better choice?

Reaction Score
For the millionth time, choice has very little to do with on the field success, especially men's basketball (women's means nothing). Beating them this year in football means nothing, they went to a bowl we did not, we beat Lville the year the ACC chose them, but they played in the Sugar Bowl and we watched it at home.

Reaction Score
It would be prudent for UConn to maintain a good relationship with everyone in P5 conferences. The constant put down of. Rutgers is getting pretty old. Rutgers to my knowledge actually would love to see us in the B1G if for no other reason than they don't want Connecticut in the ACC. That competition is the only way we go P5.
There is only one fact that counts they are in and we are not. We need friends.
What happened in the last 5 years is irrelevant for someone like the B1G who is looking at a 20 year strategy.

Reaction Score
For the millionth time, choice has very little to do with on the field success, especially men's basketball (women's means nothing). Beating them this year in football means nothing, they went to a bowl we did not, we beat Lville the year the ACC chose them, but they played in the Sugar Bowl and we watched it at home.

Hmmmm....

UConn loses to Rutgers when it comes to market value ($$$) and it loses to Louisville when it comes to "on the field success."

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Hmmmm....

UConn loses to Rutgers when it comes to market value ( $) and it loses to Louisville when it comes to "on the field success."

As we all know, UConn defines Murphy's Law as it comes to CR.

Reaction Score
Hmmmm....

UConn loses to Rutgers when it comes to market value ( $) and it loses to Louisville when it comes to "on the field success."
My point is beating them one year in football means nothing

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
The thing you hear is that the Big 10 loves the idea of all the Michigan and Ohio St. alumni in the NYC area coming to Rutgers games and whatnot. So, honest question, would the turnout at this year's UConn-Michigan football game be a sign that we'd bring that too? Not to mention, you know, winning teams.

Reaction Score
The reason for my post was that I think that many of us get down about the future of Uconn athletics. Understandable because we were snubbed by the ACC and had to leave what was clearly the best basketball conference in the country. However, I believe the future is bright. I sense that the football program is going to turn the corner with a new coach, a solid QB and perhaps and outstanding running back next year. The men's basketball team is moving in the right direction too. We have an outstanding coach and some solid recruits on the way. And what can I say about he women's program?

Yes we are in the AAC but I think the conference is better than I expected and is likely to improve with solid schools like Uconn, Cincinnati, Memphis, SMU, Houston and even Temple. Despite the opinion of some, the sky is not falling.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The reason for my post was that I think that many of us get down about the future of Uconn athletics. Understandable because we were snubbed by the ACC and had to leave what was clearly the best basketball conference in the country. However, I believe the future is bright. I sense that the football program is going to turn the corner with a new coach, a solid QB and perhaps and outstanding running back next year. The men's basketball team is moving in the right direction too. We have an outstanding coach and some solid recruits on the way. And what can I say about he women's program?

Yes we are in the AAC but I think the conference is better than I expected and is likely to improve with solid schools like Uconn, Cincinnati, Memphis, SMU, Houston and even Temple. Despite the opinion of some, the sky is not falling.

Temple was down a lot of material and had only 8 scholarship players available, including only one senior who (I thought Gottlieb said) was a graduate transfer.

They had made 6 straight NCAA appearance before this year. They are not really a bad program, but they have to reload.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Why is this on the basketball board? There is a whole board dedicated to this crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom