The best way to get over two weeks with no UConn? This Adama Sanogo podcast! | The Boneyard

The best way to get over two weeks with no UConn? This Adama Sanogo podcast!

Reaction Score
There is so much more flavor in some of these interviews which give insight into the kids, their life styles, etc. Here is a current in depth player interview that includes discussion of his injury rehab. I just don't understand why none of the 'horde' seems to be able to have this kind of contact with team players. Their contact with the players seems limited to specific group settings where 10 guys are pushing mics into player faces. It doesn't seem that they can just reach out to a player and ask him directly what is happening, yet these types of interviews do exist as this video demonstrates.

Reaction Score
Love Adama ... well, loved Adama, until I found out he's a Chelsea fan. Now we have to run him off.

Youtube
‎TOP DOGS: A UConn basketball podcast on Apple Podcasts
Apple Podcasts
1641344526272.jpeg

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
There is so much more flavor in some of these interviews which give insight into the kids, their life styles, etc. Here is a current in depth player interview that includes discussion of his injury rehab. I just don't understand why none of the 'horde' seems to be able to have this kind of contact with team players. Their contact with the players seems limited to specific group settings where 10 guys are pushing mics into player faces. It doesn't seem that they can just reach out to a player and ask him directly what is happening, yet these types of interviews do exist as this video demonstrates.
It seems clear Dan has better relationships with guys outside the local media. I doubt Rob is talking to key UConn players without Dan's blessing.

Reaction Score
It seems clear Dan has better relationships with guys outside the local media.
This is NOT correct. UConn's beat writers are very good at what they do, and what they do is not an easy job. I know this is going to come off as an ex-journalist defending journalists, which everyone outside of the business LOVES, but I don't care. I'm doing it.

Reaction Score
great interview! i didn't put two-and-two together with the kassoum yakwe connection. have to imagine he put in the good word for us during adama's recruitment.

Reaction Score
Awesome interview. Wow, Adama is a likable guy. Hope he is healthy and ready to dominate Big East play.

Reaction Score
This is NOT correct. UConn's beat writers are very good at what they do, and what they do is not an easy job. I know this is going to come off as an ex-journalist defending journalists, which everyone outside of the business LOVES, but I don't care. I'm doing it.
How does it work? Can they DM or text a player or can they only talk to whoever Hurley makes available at specific times and settings ? Their access just seeems to really suck.

I know in some other industries, a journalist will just call, text, email, approach or DM anyone they feel like for their story.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Love Adama ... well, loved Adama, until I found out he's a Chelsea fan. Now we have to run him off.

Youtube
‎TOP DOGS: A UConn basketball podcast on Apple Podcasts
Apple Podcasts
Thanks Rob. Fantastic interview, great getting to know about Adama.

No surprise he has the attitude of a killer. His belief is no one can outwork him, I mean that's the statement. He's a baby to this game and wanted to play futbol. I mean he laughed in the interview after Mali won Afrocup just saying to himself quote "there's no way I'm going to play bad (ever in life)".

Great Hurley story too. Man people should watch out for Adama, I mean he's a 15 yr pro playing for us that nobody really talks about. Listening to how quickly he develops was just sweet music to my ears. Really appreciate the insightful questions as well.

Edit: deletion

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They provide good analysis for the average/casual fan. Which I guess makes sense because they are employed by newspaper outlets for the masses. They do not provide any real insight for fans who really want to talk hardcore basketball. But like I mentioned, perhaps that is not their job.

Love the interview by the way!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
That's not what I said. Would you argue Dan doesn't give his best tidbits and info to guys like you and Rothstein? We got so much more detail outa your interview with him than any article the beat has put out that I remember. I understand the beat can't force him to talk, but you wonder if this is because of fractured relationships? Didn't Jeff Jacob's tweet something about this?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom