The best time of year for EPL fans! | The Boneyard

The best time of year for EPL fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love the Boxing Day thru mid January time in the EPL. Every team playing 6 matches in a period of 3 weeks, and FA Cup rounds start including all the EPL teams. This is where having some depth, being relatively injury free going in could benefit certain teams. Will be interesting to see how Leicester manages playing so many games in such a confined period of time. Teams that play in European Cup matches are used to it (City, United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool), but the rest of the league... not so much. I can't wait!!

12/26 - EPL Boxing Day matches
Spurs v Norwich; Arsenal @ Southampton, Liverpool v Leicester

12/28-30 EPL matches
Spurs @ Watford, Arsenal v Bournemouth, United v Chelsea, Leicester v City

1/2-3 - EPL matches
Spurs @ Everton, Arsenal v Newcastle, Leicester v Bournemouth,

1/8-10 - FA Cup matches with all 20 EPL teams involved
Spurs v Leicester, Arsenal v Sunderland

1/12-1-3 - EPL matches
Spurs v Leicester (replay of FA Cup match 3 days earlier), Arsenal @ Liverpool

1/16-18 - EPL Matches
Spurs v Sunderland, Arsenal @ Stoke, Liverpool v United

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I love the Boxing Day thru mid January time in the EPL. Every team playing 6 matches in a period of 3 weeks, and FA Cup rounds start including all the EPL teams. This is where having some depth, being relatively injury free going in could benefit certain teams.
Well that counts us out.

Let's see, Sanchez, Cazorla, Coquelin, Wilshere, Arteta, Wellbeck, Rosicky all out til sometime mid January or later. At least we have defenders.....so far.

But we gots money, maybe we'll buy some players the first of January.

ROTFLMAO.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Saturday will be epic. I will be watching futbal and football from 7:45 on.

Reaction Score
Well that counts us out.

Let's see, Sanchez, Cazorla, Coquelin, Wilshere, Arteta, Wellbeck, Rosicky all out til sometime mid January or later. At least we have defenders.....so far.

But we gots money, maybe we'll buy some players the first of January.

ROTFLMAO.

The good news that on paper at least, Arsenal's schedule is not too challenging during the early part of January with only 2 difficult matches with Liverpool on the 13th and Chelsea on the 24th (hope the Gunners can put a nail in their coffin that day). Pay for it in February though with Leicester on 2/13, Barcelona (Champions) on 2/24, and then Man U on 2/28. Cripes.

Reaction Score
of course the bowl game has to be 11am Boxing Day, really not happy about that timing

Reaction Score
Arsenal has a nice set up of playing away Boxing day, but then at home for the next 3.
Spurs hit the road in consecutive matches after Boxing day, then come home for a double header v. Leicester (FA Cup and League play). I really hope the rest their big guns in FA Cup match, and focus on League play/points.
As for Leicester, I keep saying they won't maintain this form and will gradually slide, but they keep proving me wrong. They are a hard team to root against though (when they're not playing your team).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
of course the bowl game has to be 11am Boxing Day, really not happy about that timing

All the more reason to get out to a sports bar with multiple screens.

Reaction Score
Just got my first Boxing Day gift. Stoke 2 - United 0.

Reaction Score
Spurs win easily.
Chelsea draws at home v Watford
Leicester loses at Liverpool..
The Boxing Day joy continues. Now just need a bowl win by our boys, and Southampton to hold home field advantage.

Reaction Score
Just watched the Gunners take on Southampton, already opened my liquid Christmas presents. May need to take an advance on my 2016 liquid Christmas presents. Would rather eat old Aunt Maggie's fruit cake (not sure if the fruit cake was older than her or not) that watch that again.

Reaction Score
Somewhat a return to normalcy as Arsenal efficiently if not excitingly takes care of Bournemouth 2 to 0 to rain the top slot int he Premiership, at least until Leicester and City play tomorrow.

Tottenham did what they needed to do, also, clipping Watford 2 to 1. fittingly, Chelsea and Man U drew 0- 0, which will not reduce the anxiety currently simmering within both clubs. Stoke beat Everton in a shot-out 4 to 3 after getting two 2 goals with 10 minutes left. Newcastle and Aston Villa continue to chase the regulation zone as both lost. West Ham did what the Gunners could not and took care of Southampton 2 to 1.

Reaction Score
That Stoke-Everton game was fun to watch and had some great goals.

Spurs pulled it out late on a "cheeky" goal from Son in an otherwise relatively uneventful game. Although Watford were centimeters away from going 2-1 before Son scored at the other end. The last two days went well for Spurs. Moved from 5th into top 3, picked up 3 points on Arsenal, 5 points on United, at least 3 points on Leicester, and I believe came out if it relatively healthy (haven't read what Dembele's injury was, or how serious it is). Hopefully they can keep the momentum when they travel Everton this weekend.

Arsenal back on form, handling Bournemouth.

Guzan looked really shaky for Villa, fumbling a few saves for 2nd chance shots. The whole of AV looked disinterested.

I watched a little bit of United-Chelsea - zzzzzzzzzzzz

Reaction Score
That Stoke-Everton game was fun to watch and had some great goals.
Guzan looked really shaky for Villa, fumbling a few saves for 2nd chance shots. The whole of AV looked disinterested.

Guzan and Howard both have not looked that good on the pitch this season. Any new American blood in net coming-up through any of the European leagues right now?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Guzan and Howard both have not looked that good on the pitch this season. Any new American blood in net coming-up through any of the European leagues right now?

It's too bad he's not an American international but Boaz Myhill has been the best American born goalie in the world the past 6-9 months or
so.

Reaction Score
mid-week match day, and some scoring early on. midway thru 1st half of todays games and it is...
Liverpool 2-1 over Arsenal
Chelsea 1-1 v WBA
Southampton 1-0 v Watford
Swansea 2-1 v Sunderland
City v Everton and Spurs v Leicester are scoreless

3 matches yesterday...
United drew @ Newcastle yesterday, with the Magpies equalizer coming in stoppage time :)
Villa over Palace and West Ham over Bournemouth

Reaction Score
Spurs, once again, lead the league in "posts hit", hitting the woodwork at least 3 times again today. Tough result at home v Leicester. They had their chances, and in fairness Leicester had plenty of chances as well.
Liverpool with a 90th minute equalizer to rescue a point v Arsenal (who are now even on points (have the GD advantage) w/ Leicester).

Reaction Score
Spurs, once again, lead the league in "posts hit", hitting the woodwork at least 3 times again today. Tough result at home v Leicester. They had their chances, and in fairness Leicester had plenty of chances as well.
Liverpool with a 90th minute equalizer to rescue a point v Arsenal (who are now even on points (have the GD advantage) w/ Leicester).

Insane match between the Gunners and Red Sox. 4 goals in the first 25 minutes and then a Arsenal let in a heard-breaker in injury time. Giroud (Arsenal) and Firmino (Liverpool) both had amazing strikes. Not happy with the end result; but, it was a great match in the snow.

City drew with Everton, which is good to see. Ditto for Chelsea drawing with WBA. Actually wanted the Spurs to beat Leicester, though Tottenham in my opinion are the bigger threat over the long term. Aston Villa won for the first time this season, I believe. Any see the highlights of Stoke versus Norwich, what was O'Neil thinking when he made a reckless tackle from behind when the opposing player and the ball were already out of bound and how could anyone argue argue against that Red Card? Sunderland tok out Swansea 4 to 2, what happened to them?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Swansea has officially crapped the bed. Went down to 10 men but pulled ahead at the half 2-1. Next thing you know Sunderland scores two quick goals and then Defoe gets a hat trick to make it 4-2. I, for the life of me, cannot figure out why they don't have a new manager. If they didn't have someone in mind then let Monk continue to drive them into the ground. I have no clue what's going on over there. All I know is that they're a mess and most likely crashing out of the Premier League this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom