The Best Solution | The Boneyard

The Best Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now that it appears that the Big 12 will stay together, there is a possible out ome for all of the remaining BE schools. There is enough room in the remaining conferences to take all of the remaining football schools. Rutgers and UConn to ACC or Big 10, Louisville, Cincinnati, and USF to Big 12, WVU to SEC.

If I were the football schools, broker a deal to the other conferences for the remaining teams is the best option.

Reaction Score
There has to be interest from the other conferences. Right now leverage is all in their court. I think it will eventually happen where we land in the ACC, but not b/c the pack of 6 go in and broker a deal with the remaining leagues.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Now that it appears that the Big 12 will stay together, there is a possible out ome for all of the remaining BE schools. There is enough room in the remaining conferences to take all of the remaining football schools. Rutgers and UConn to ACC or Big 10, Louisville, Cincinnati, and USF to Big 12, WVU to SEC.

If I were the football schools, broker a deal to the other conferences for the remaining teams is the best option.
The odds of the B12 staying together is slim. TAM and Missouri are gone. The remaining conference even with the addition of BYU and some BE teams will not be much stronger than the the PAC conference. And Texas has stubbornly refused to accept the revenue sharing of the LHN with that conference. So they are not likely to agree to OU's demands and that means OU and its OSU are gone.

They will approach both the SEC and the PAC and force the PAC to take them to avoid joining the SEC in spite of the statement the PAC does not want 14 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom