The best player in college basketball history at every jersey number | The Boneyard

The best player in college basketball history at every jersey number

Reaction Score

UConn appears several times:

00 - Cliff Robinson
4 - Ben Gordon - Ben needs to be ahead of JJ and Martin.
13 - Napier - Wilt is clearly the best to wear 13. Napier is where he belongs on that list.
15 - Kemba - No, just no. Kemba is the best college player ever to wear 15. He got robbed on that list! Clearly ESPN hires too many Cuse fans BUT 4 > 1 so oh well.
32 - RIP - I think RIP needs to be ahead of Laettner but no shame being behind Walton.
34 - Ray Allen - Olajuwon deserves top honors there, no doubt. Being behind Barkley is no issue either but Allen absolutely has to be 3rd on that list IMO.
42 - Khalid El-Amin - 42 was loaded, Khalid is where he should be
42 - Donyell Marshall
50 - Emeka Okafor - No shame at all being behind Samson and Robinson but he should absolutely be ahead of Tyler Hansbrough, come on.

Missing from the list -
3 - Caron Butler - Caron missing from this list is criminal. He could easily come after Dixon or at the very least after Marbury.
3 - Lamb - Maybe could have snuck on that list towards the end/at the end.
11 - Ryan Boatright - could easily be towards the end/at the end of that list.
12 - Andre Drummond - Another insane omission. There are a bunch of one year players and yes that list is loaded but he could at least be at the end.
21 - Ricky Moore who could have easily been placed after Camby or, at the very least, at the end of the list.
22 - Rudy Gay who could have come after Danny Ainge.

Someday Bouknight will make a list like that and mark my words, I really think Akok makes a comeback to the point where he could be mentioned on that list.

Khalid and RIP from 99, Ben and Emeka from 2004, Napier and Walker from 2011, Napier from 2014. Ray who took the program to new heights.
IMO, ALL of those numbers should be retired, well those top 9 I mean (well, Ray's is). If I could pick just one jersey to retire, it would absolutely be 15 (and it should be retired for the 5 in 5 days and 14-0 in elimination games).

Thoughts? Comments?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom