the Best of WCBB | The Boneyard

the Best of WCBB

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Borrowed (or stolen) from FB UConn Group. I hope it's alright, it's worth sharing.

"The very best there is in women's college basketball in this pic. The irony though is what fires me up the most. Geno tried his best to recruit and land them all by inviting Aliyah Boston, Haley Jones, Paige and Azzi together at a UConn game in 2018. Haley Jones chose to go elsewhere and has won a championship. Aliyah Boston chose to go elsewhere and has won a championship. Those other programs are good but now it's about time for the most storied program in women's college basketball UConn to bring home #12 for Paige and Azzi."

Imagine if they all came to UConn? Even TONYC would run out of superlatives.

1652545631054.png

Reaction Score
I think Paige gets it next year, if not, the pressure will be on her senior year. Never really thought about it but that is crazy the other two got the title before Paige did, validating their college choices. Usually we get one or a couple and the girls that chose to go elsewhere probably wished they had chosen us. Or there is a little jealousy there. I know many will disagree with me, but if she doesn’t get at least one, her career would be looked at as a failure by UConn standards. It’s not her fault because she does more than her part but still she’s held to a different standard and must figure it out as the other greats eventually did. I think she gets two personally. I kinda think if we don’t get any with Paige, Geno may not get anymore. Unless we get some of those top top recruits in 24 or 25, if he misses on the very best these years, we’re done because he is nearing the end of the line.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The program concentrates much of its recruiting energy on #1 type recruits and the makes sense. Geno is fond of saying the way to win is to have the best. I have felt for a while now that the rest of the recruits should include people who have more ability than the norm. And yes I know we get very good recruits and if we get too many the portal will beckon. It is a balancing act. Jeff does a good job of it and this last Stanford team really had depth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA
Top Bottom