The beauty of Brevity | The Boneyard

The beauty of Brevity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Possibly I should save this thought for LOI signing time, but what the heck.

My guess is that many coaches (all sports) want to be sure that certain players indeed signed their LOI as expected and faxed it to the AD. Voice mail messages would be maddening. I doubt many (players or coaches) are aware of the briefest meaningful correspondence ever recorded, but it could be a useful model for them.

When Victor Hugo's great novel, Les Miserables, was published (to great fanfare and public anticipation), the author was in exile in England. He was understandably anxious about the initial sales of this work, so he sent a telegram to his publisher. The entire content of Hugo's message:

"?"
The publisher's total response:
"!"

Neither party needed any clarification.

Now, that's what I call brevity!

Reaction Score
Possibly I should save this thought for LOI signing time, but what the heck.

My guess is that many coaches (all sports) want to be sure that certain players indeed signed their LOI as expected and faxed it to the AD. Voice mail messages would be maddening. I doubt many (players or coaches) are aware of the briefest meaningful correspondence ever recorded, but it could be a useful model for them.

When Victor Hugo's great novel, Les Miserables, was published (to great fanfare and public anticipation), the author was in exile in England. He was understandably anxious about the initial sales of this work, so he sent a telegram to his publisher. The entire content of Hugo's message:

y

"?"
The publisher's total response:
"!"

Neither party needed any clarification.

Now, that's what I call brevity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors