The BCInterruption perspective | The Boneyard

The BCInterruption perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BC Interruption ‏@bcinterruption10h
Bob Diaco to UConn. So conflicted. Solid DC. Good HC to UConn? Weakens Notre Dame? I'M IN A GLASS CASE OF EMOTION.

And lots more http://www.bcinterruption.com/

The Huskies get a defensive-minded coach with ties to New Jersey, which will be important particularly with Addazio's ties to his home state of Connecticut. While I don't think that Boston College and UConn will meet on the gridiron any time soon, Northeast recruiting battles just got a little more interesting.

Suspect the on-field matchup is going to be sooner rather than later

Reaction Score
Someone needs to ask Pete Thamel how all of this could have happened. I mean, a school that "isn't an especially attractive job," and one that "many consider . . . to be one of the three least sought-after jobs in the AAC," got the 2013 and 2012 Broyles Award winners to promptly answer the call after it rang -- and hired the latter for less money than it was paying the 10-18 guy it fired.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...131120/coach-hiring-firing-season-primer/#all

What a clown. A complete and total clown.

Reaction Score
The Notre Dame NBC site wrote this about Diaco last year. . . . .UConn may be a stepping stone, but not too many 'stepping stones' offer 1.5 million a year footing.

At this point, you can likely cross off any non-AQ jobs for Diaco. With his star on the rise, there’s no reason for Diaco to take a stepping stone job like the one at UTEP, Southern Miss or Western Michigan, though Diaco spent the 2004 season coaching special teams and linebackers for the Broncos.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
People keep crapping on UConn... but we really do have a load of money right now, long term not so much but for the next few years we're okay. We have excellent support from the state... and some donors with some deep pockets. We can pay market value without much trouble. I mean if Geno were a football coach he'd be someplace between 25-40 in terms of annual salary... and that's what we pay our women's basketball coach. I know Geno is a special case, but still we're not the paupers the sports media makes us out to be.

Reaction Score
People from Joisey will have to travel all the way to Boston or Charlottesville to see their people play in the ACC. For UConn games, they can go to Temple games or UConn home games, which are much closer. Big advantage there for us. He better cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom