The Battle for Atlantis tournament, nothing about any game | The Boneyard

The Battle for Atlantis tournament, nothing about any game

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I've seen multiple posts about never going back there again. This tournament Is now the best preseason tournament in the country. The fields are absolutely amazing, no easy games. Also much easier to travel to. We should participate in this tournament, both men and women, with every opportunity they give to us.

I think it's silly to suggest we don't go back. I'm going to blame it on a fans' emotional fatigue and abysmal officiating. The officials should not be invited back, send them to the Great Alaska Shootout

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Totally agree. We went the first time UConn was in it and our family still thinks of it as the best vacation we’ve ever had. My Grandson talking waffles versus pancakes on the breakfast line with a UWash player was hilarious. Next to us and BC UWash is now his favorite team. The venue is a cross between a Vegas nightclub and a high school gym. How cool is it having Bill Murray in the house. Then you get to top off the tournament at the beach and pools.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I agree @willie99; just posted this in your other thread:

Great meeting you and the Mrs., @willie99 , and thanks again so much for the women’s finals tickets. It was a really good game and fun time, despite the result.

That seems like a lifetime ago now. I looked for you guys in the UConn fan sections on Wednesday and Thursday but didn’t see you.

Glad to see that you arrived home safe; one more magical day and night for us here. I have loved attending the games, but I’m kinda psyched to have a day with absolutely nothing to do. The hammock is calling me…

The boys did grind it out and I am most thankful for that. Each game could have gone either way—whether or not it should have is another issue—and winning two of three is much better than it could have been. All Danny needs to do is look at his brother, who went 0-3. I realize that ASU was not expected to do well, but still that would suck.

The refs sucked, to put it mildly, and we had a tough draw, but I would love to come back for this tournament and do it all over again some day, like you have now.

Here’s hoping!

Reaction Score
Next to Maui - 2nd best destination for a tourney. Would definately come back. Just had a nice talk with Hurley a d then Gaffney. Too bad they don't get a day like the ladies did to just enjoy.

Reaction Score
I've seen multiple posts about never going back there again. This tournament Is now the best preseason tournament in the country. The fields are absolutely amazing, no easy games. Also much easier to travel to. We should participate in this tournament, both men and women, with every opportunity they give to us.

I think it's silly to suggest we don't go back. I'm going to blame it on a fans' emotional fatigue and abysmal officiating. The officials should not be invited back, send them to the Great Alaska Shootout
I loved the Paradise Jam in St. Thomas…much better than the Battle for Atlantis…i felt like i was in Vegas, the ticket system was atrocious, forget trying to get concessions with their ticket system, and the game times were the worst. In st Thomas all games we in the evening so you had the day to make plans. We had to get tickets each day at 9am, games at noon. Broke up the best part of the day.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Next to Maui - 2nd best destination for a tourney. Would definately come back. Just had a nice talk with Hurley a d then Gaffney. Too bad they don't get a day like the ladies did to just enjoy.
I remember Calhoun learning to use these trips for team bonding, including having some down time to enjoy where they are. I think this team could use that.

On that note, did you see what Kimani was doing at the end of the game yesterday, physically putting the players’ arms around each other? I saw Hurley stressing that during a break in play in the Auburn game, and then down the stretch yesterday Kimani was getting pissed that they still didn’t get it and weren’t doing it on their own during timeouts. The guys looked wiped and disoriented; they could definitely use some more bonding.

Have you seen Hawkins around the property? I’m curious what his demeanor is like. He seemed really down during yesterday’s game because he wasn’t being played when it appeared obvious to pretty much everyone except Hurley that he was desperately needed. Something to watch perhaps.

Reaction Score
I remember Calhoun learning to use these trips for team bonding, including having some down time to enjoy where they are. I think this team could use that.

On that note, did you see what Kimani was doing at the end of the game yesterday, physically putting the players’ arms around each other? I saw Hurley stressing that during a break in play in the Auburn game, and then down the stretch yesterday Kimani was getting pissed that they still didn’t get it and weren’t doing it on their own during timeouts. The guys looked wiped and disoriented; they could definitely use some more bonding.

Have you seen Hawkins around the property? I’m curious what his demeanor is like. He seemed really down during yesterday’s game because he wasn’t being played when it appeared obvious to pretty much everyone except Hurley that he was desperately needed. Something to watch perhaps.
No talked to Dan this morning, on his way to put his feet in the water. Later saw Gaff as I was leaving the beach. He is such a sweet kid. Both amazed when I told them how long I've been a fan, even told Dan I remember him playing at Seton Hall - didn't say I thought he was a whiny brat.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I loved the Paradise Jam in St. Thomas…much better than the Battle for Atlantis…i felt like i was in Vegas, the ticket system was atrocious, forget trying to get concessions with their ticket system, and the game times were the worst. In st Thomas all games we in the evening so you had the day to make plans. We had to get tickets each day at 9am, games at noon. Broke up the best part of the day.

Our start times were terrible. Four games at noon, one 1:30 and one 2:45. Not sure, but thinking ESPN might have something to do with that (at least the first round games)

I would have enjoyed night games myself. But if there's an eight team tournament, four teams are playing in the afternoon.

Cuse, on the mens' side, had all night games. So it's more a scheduling thing combined with luck and results

PS: I like Vegas too :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It was over thanksgiving. Loved the timing. Got me out of a lot of stuff with in-laws. Sorry, can’t do that UCONN is playing

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom