The Basketball League | The Boneyard

The Basketball League

Reaction Score
Hey guys. I was just trying to get some information on this Basketball league since we have a new team on it called the Connecticut Cobras. I was looking at all the incoming 2022 teams. Ironically, CT is not listed. Albany is making a return and the players introduced themselves. I was under the impression that this gentlemen was out of favor with us or was mad at us. Still claimed us though. Small video in the middle of the page...meet the team.

Reaction Score
I'll save everyone else the time...
Screenshot_20210817-103628.png

Reaction Score
It’s upsetting he gets to say “University of Connecticut” after his introduction.
While not his fault at all, it’s unexplainable how he was given a scholarship here
He had six points and six rebounds in our loss at Auburn. That’s the highlight of his career.
As far as why he was given a scholarship. You have to be kidding
We lost four players late in he recruiting cycle three of them returning players 2-3 possible starters . Larrier was coming off ACL and Gilbert was coming off shoulder surgery , and Diarra was never right. We had three young unheralded freshman coming in. Cobb, Onuorah, Williams were experienced bodies as we didn’t have enough healthy players to even practice .
Kwintin had been recruited by a number of known schools and had a good year on a top AZ Juco league which he flunked out of and transferred from and actually wasn’t even playing. He was a practice body who apparently was a disruptive influence because even the laid back Ollie didn’t like him and only Ollies’s firing gave him a chance at a second year which he blew by leaving the team. Kwintin was somewhat of a grifter. Who took advantage of limited skills and freakish athleticism to get publicity for himself. He is still a BY topic . Actually we’ve had recruits who contributed less. But because of his self promotion are completely forgotten.

Reaction Score
He had six points and six rebounds in our loss at Auburn. That’s the highlight of his career.
As far as why he was given a scholarship. You have to be kidding
We lost four players late in he recruiting cycle three of them returning players 2-3 possible starters . Larrier was coming off ACL and Gilbert was coming off shoulder surgery , and Diarra was never right. We had three young unheralded freshman coming in. Cobb, Onuorah, Williams were experienced bodies as we didn’t have enough healthy players to even practice .
Kwintin had been recruited by a number of known schools and had a good year on a top AZ Juco league which he flunked out of and transferred from and actually wasn’t even playing. He was a practice body who apparently was a disruptive influence because even the laid back Ollie didn’t like him and only Ollies’s firing gave him a chance at a second year which he blew by leaving the team. Kwintin was somewhat of a grifter. Who took advantage of limited skills and freakish athleticism to get publicity for himself. He is still a BY topic . Actually we’ve had recruits who contributed less. But because of his self promotion are completely forgotten.
You’re more than welcome to try and justify why we took on a 23 year old Sophomore. I am personally not interested in playing that game though. If you think he was the type of recruit and player that warranted playing here, you’re more than welcome to that opinion.

Reaction Score
I just though he had bad mouthed us before so I was wondering why he was claiming us then? Does this count as another Husky in the pros? :)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You’re more than welcome to try and justify why we took on a 23 year old Sophomore. I am personally not interested in playing that game though. If you think he was the type of recruit and player that warranted playing here, you’re more than welcome to that opinion.
playing what game?
An opinion was stated
Being snarky is not becoming for a Terp

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You may have intended to only make a rhetorical statement that reflected your displeasure that KW was awarded a scholarship, but @AZHuskiePop actually provided a respectful, reasoned, and rather thorough explanation as to how Kwintin Williams was offered a scholarship. In response, you were critical about someone trying "justify" the scholarship, going so far as to regard it game-playing. The notion of justification was entirely your invention, and you introduced it in a post that came after you'd already set your focus differently.

Kwintin Williams may be a punchline, a punching bag, or simply emblematic of the program's recent low point, but that doesn't mean that he simply crashed a pool party unannounced and leveled a thunderous dunk off of a diving board. Yes, Jumpman was an odd choice to fill out the roster, but I think it was rude of you not to express appreciation for a fellow Boneyarder's attempt to explain how it happened, and I laud his doinh so without some of the extra baggage that could have been thrown in.

Reaction Score
It’s not that serious, the “I’m not personally interested in playing that game” comment was simply stating he voiced his opinion, I voiced mine, and I didn’t want to make this a 9 page thread going back & forward.

The circumstances that led him to being here still don’t necessarily discredit the point I was making in my original post that he’s not the caliber of player that should be on our team. My argument was strictly based on the light j view our program in, while I understand the circumstances from our dark days which were outlined.

Lastly, I am curious how I’m being chastised for being snarky in my response to someone who started their response to me with a you have to be kidding me…. But it’s w/e to me. Apologies @AZHuskiePop

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom