The B1G needs Uconn | The Boneyard

The B1G needs Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's what Maryland is for. To bring in their most recent basketball championship. Only need one every 20 years or so ;)

Reaction Score
No that is what Rutgers is for. That and off behaviors from their head coach, whether its dodge ball practice or strip free throw shooting. RU corners the market on those types.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Completely agree with the OP. The basketball conference sure do like to thump their chests with their pre-season and regular season poll rankings but seldom get the job done in postseason. UConn, among several other things, would deliver instant credibility to the basketball conference and a perennial title contender.

In my opinion, top 10 basketball programs (in no specific order):
Kentucky
Duke
UNC
Kansas
UConn
Indiana
UCLA
Mich St

Alternates: Florida, Arizona, Gonzaga, G'Town, Ohio St, Texas, Maryland, Notre Dame

The only school from this list not in a stable conference situation is UConn. Adding us would provide instant credibility as a top basketball conference while adding an untapped growth stock like our football program. We are the delicious, ripe, low-hanging fruit dangling from the CR tree.

Reaction Score
Completely agree with the OP. The basketball conference sure do like to thump their chests with their pre-season and regular season poll rankings but seldom get the job done in postseason. UConn, among several other things, would deliver instant credibility to the basketball conference and a perennial title contender.

Kentucky
Duke
UNC
Kansas
UConn
Indiana
UCLA
Mich St

Alternates: Florida, Arizona, Gonzaga, G'Town, Ohio St, Texas, Maryland, Notre Dame

The only school from this list not in a stable conference situation is UConn. Adding us would provide instant credibility as a top basketball conference while adding an untapped growth stock like our football program. We are the delicious, ripe, low-hanging fruit dangling from the CR tree.
I get the UCLA history and tradition... But are they still a Top 10 program today?
Tradition has a lot more value in football.

that said, would be cool if Uconn could schedule UCLA for OOC... they could sell it like the NCAA version of Lakers vs Celtics. Would also give both schools some exposure to the opposite coast.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Kentucky
Duke
UNC
Kansas
UConn
Indiana
UCLA
Mich St

I would certainly put Michigan ahead of Gonzaga (which isn't close to belonging on the list). They have been very good in the tournament, even if they don't get in all the time. Not sure how Maryland lands on the alternates list, or Texas or Notre Dame. OK State is well ahead of any of those three. Florida is marginal, but belongs based on recent history, perhaps.

Interesting statistical note. As of whenever Wiki compiled this (last year?) Arizona and UConn had played the exact same number of games in the NCAA tournament and had identical 50-28 records.

Reaction Score
Interesting statistical note. As of whenever Wiki compiled this (last year?) Arizona and UConn had played the exact same number of games in the NCAA tournament and had identical 50-28 records.
Florida Gulf Coast is on it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it were up to date (at least through the weekend).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom