The Athletic: Seth Davis' All-Glue Team - Andre Jackson | The Boneyard

The Athletic: Seth Davis' All-Glue Team - Andre Jackson

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson didn't make all-conference, but he made this prestigious team.

First UConn member of the All-glue guy team since Tony Robertson in 2003.

Tony Robertson, still holder of the best dunk ever in UConn history.

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson didn't make all-conference, but he made this prestigious team.

First UConn member of the All-glue guy team since Tony Robertson in 2003.

Tony ‘s name almost never comes up in the UConn Pantheon of memorable players. Third leading (2) scorer on some great teams .
Possible because is was a quiet kid who just did his job , He was overshadowed by more *memorable people but he was a very good basketball player .
Some of his teammates :
Khalid
KFree
Mourning
Saunders
Caron
Gordon
Emeka
Talek
Rash
Denham

And the most memorable of all
Johnny Time
Congratulations to AJ , However
Jackson is much more than a glue guy .
You can visually see the intensity of the defense increase when he is on the floor . Big East coaches did everything in their power to get him. off his game it was a key to beating us . He might be our MVP.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Thought it was interesting that this article lists Andre at 6'4, which I have never seen literally anywhere.
They must’ve gotten him confused with Hawkins.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Andre. Well deserved recognition to one of the best teammates ever. Donovan Clingan told me that Andre offered to come to his NIL Red Fox event to support him even when he was not getting paid. Andre had done 2 previous events with Red Fox. Donovan (or I for that matter) wasn’t sure if it would break some NIL rule, so they decided against it. But, it shows what a great teammate he is and how unselfish. Just gives me more motivation to convince the Red Fox owner (Fico) to have a combined NIL event with these two great guys, who would both get paid. I know Fico is happy with both the players and events.

Reaction Score
Unrelated, but does anyone have this article from behind the espn+ paywall?

UConn is not one of the 355 teams named that won't win the title.

Each year, eight contenders are selected from Division I's 363 members. And every year since this piece's inception in 2016, the NCAA title has indeed been captured by one of those eight teams.

If you're a fan of one of these eight as-yet unseen teams, congratulations! Your team has made the 2023 magic eight, which, by simple process of elimination, consists of the following: Alabama, UConn, Houston, Kansas, Marquette, Purdue, Tennessee and UCLA.

A final word to our group of eight: This is bigger than all of you. There's a streak to be considered. Go out there and make this feature look smart.

Reaction Score
UConn is not one of the 355 teams named that won't win the title.

Each year, eight contenders are selected from Division I's 363 members. And every year since this piece's inception in 2016, the NCAA title has indeed been captured by one of those eight teams.

If you're a fan of one of these eight as-yet unseen teams, congratulations! Your team has made the 2023 magic eight, which, by simple process of elimination, consists of the following: Alabama, UConn, Houston, Kansas, Marquette, Purdue, Tennessee and UCLA.

A final word to our group of eight: This is bigger than all of you. There's a streak to be considered. Go out there and make this feature look smart.
Ah I assumed they would do a write up on the 8. Still very cool!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
AJ has tremendously improved his defense compared to his previous foul prone season. Makes me wonder though, if he can make such a defensive improvement leap in a season, why not the offensive for next season? Imagine that.

Well deserved AJ!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom