The Athletic pick for Tonight | The Boneyard

The Athletic pick for Tonight

Reaction Score
Bennett: Picks against the spread for Louisville-Texas Tech,...

"Indiana (-2½) vs. Connecticut, 9 p.m. at MSG (ESPN): The Jimmy V. Classic nightcap features two teams that have won a combined nine national titles. Now both are fighting to regain national relevance. The Hoosiers were off to an 8-0 start, all at home, before getting their doors blown off at Wisconsin last Saturday. Indiana somehow allowed the offensively challenged Badgers to score 1.35 points per possession, which must have driven Archie Miller mad. UConn has been a tough team to read and can really struggle shooting the ball. But I still like the Huskies’ length and the extra scoring punch that James Bouknight has provided. I remain a little skeptical about Indiana away from Assembly Hall, while MSG is a home away from home for the Huskies. The pick: UConn"

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Don’t take it for granted that UConn fans will vastly outnumber Indiana fans tonight

I agree - the MSG attendance by the Husky faithful has not been like it used to be in the 90's and early 2000s. I do expect the UConn crowd to be louder though.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don’t take it for granted that UConn fans will vastly outnumber Indiana fans tonight
True but we will represent. I'm glad we have an opponent that travels well. The atmosphere will be electric.

I agree - the MSG attendance by the Husky faithful has not been like it used to be in the 90's and early 2000s. I do expect the UConn crowd to be louder though.
Yeah calling BS. We owned the joint versus Syracuse last year in middle of a snowmaggedon last year. (Syracuse showed up but the volume and energy was pure UConn.)

#6thBorough

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah calling BS. We owned the joint versus Syracuse last year in middle of a snowmaggedon last year. (Syracuse showed up but the volume and energy was pure UConn.)

#6thBorough

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
That's a tough road game for Indiana fans to get to being on a Tuesday. I would expect with our proximity to NY and having 6 players and 8 of the 12 coaches from NY/NJ, there should be a solid UConn fan base there. I expect to out number IU pretty heavily. At least that's how I rationalize it to myself.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

#6thBorough

Yeah we were loud, not disagreeing - I was there (lost my voice). There would have been more UConn fans if not for the storm.

In general though the quantity has not matched what it used to be before when you looked around and saw 70% UConn fans .

Reaction Score
That's a tough road game for Indiana fans to get to being on a Tuesday. I would expect with our proximity to NY and having 6 players and 8 of the 12 coaches from NY/NJ, there should be a solid UConn fan base there. I expect to out number IU pretty heavily. At least that's how I rationalize it to myself.
People keep forgetting the amount of alumni from big 10 schools in NYC is insane. IU will pack the place

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Maybe not "vastly" but we should have more fans, especially on a Tuesday night.

Reaction Score
Don't forget this is a doubleheader with no leaving inbetween.

There will be Louisville and Tech fans there. Who they choose to support will likely swing the balance.

I bet Louisville fans hate Indiana due to Kentucky/Indiana basketball supremacy rivalry, whereas they think they are just better than us due to leaving us behind in realignment.

Reaction Score
True but we will represent. I'm glad we have an opponent that travels well. The atmosphere will be electric.

#6thBorough

Yeah, but the volume and energy was pure UConn when we led from the opening minute. 2 or 3 years ago, when we played Maryland, by that measure the crowd was all theirs because Maryland was up the whole game and thus they made more noise.

We'll see what happens. I thank those going. Just way too late a night for me to go in unless I was able to take the next day off.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah we were loud, not disagreeing - I was there (lost my voice). There would have been more UConn fans if not for the storm.

In general though the quantity has not matched what it used to be before when you looked around and saw 70% UConn fans .

We stunk for a while. That had something to do with it.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
You do know that all us Faithfuls from the 90s are retired and living in Florida now!!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
as a long-time bettor i know the rule of averages...UCONN is 7-1 against the spread so far this year...

i took under 142.5 and now its 139.5...if it drops any lower i may have to find myself a middle

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom