The Athletic hired a UConn MBB/WBB + Sun reporter

-
And they are running a deal today: $20 for the first year for Cyber Monday.
I'm seeing $60 not $20
Nevermind, you click on the "get deal" button to pay $20

Last edited:
I'm seeing $60 not $20
If you search The Athletic on Google, the cyber week sale is the first link that appears on the search results for me. I believe you have to be a first time subscriber to qualify for the deal.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Worth it?
I think so.

I've got real issues with a lot of things behind their business model, but the coverage is great. I signed up when they hired the soccer writers (I'm a big Liverpool fan), but the sub covers everything they've got across sports. The soccer writers are all top notch, Adler does a great job with the Yankees, their Rangers beat guy is an idiot. Their hockey prospect coverage is also really in-depth, which means some of the UConn guys get some ink.

HuskyHawk

Hoping to see something that looks like basketball
Thanks for sharing. I signed up despite the fact that I hate paying for content.

Honestly, I'd sign up for the Courant for sports only at the right price. I am usually disgusted at their paywall approach, while the plaster every page with a dozen adds. Pick a model, are you add supported or pay for content. Don't be both, that's nonsense.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
I love it and read it everyday. They didn't just hire a soccer writer for Liverpool, they got one of the top LIverpool guys out there.
Not one of, *the*.

Thanks for sharing. I signed up despite the fact that I hate paying for content.

Honestly, I'd sign up for the Courant for sports only at the right price. I am usually disgusted at their paywall approach, while the plaster every page with a dozen adds. Pick a model, are you add supported or pay for content. Don't be both, that's nonsense.
use the ‘reader’ view on your browser.