The ACC has suspended recruiting; | The Boneyard

The ACC has suspended recruiting;

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
per a post on McGraw's Bench

"The Atlantic Coast Conference has suspended all athletic-related activities including all competition, formal and organized practice, recruiting and participation in NCAA championships until further notice. The decision was made following consultation with the league’s presidents and athletic directors to mitigate the further spread of COVID-19."

Reaction Score
So that means Geno should get in quickly now!

(Just kidding, y'all. I'm furloughed myself and get it.)

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I would think the spring AAU tournaments might be cancelled. This covers the April viewing period.

Reaction Score
I wonder how this works for kids wanting to take official visits (or even unofficial ones) to campuses that's are closed. Does anyone who is familiar with the timelines of such things have any thoughts on how this might affect kids making decisions and commitments?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think most campuses are discouraging out of state visitors from all academic meetings so I imagine recruiting visits will also be discouraged if not banned. Uconn doesn't want any employees going out of state either. Was actually surprised to see Geno in NY State.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The reaction to this bug is out of control at its fringes at least. There are no cases in MT, but most lists include MT with 1 case. This person left the state last November 14th and contracted the virus while residing in Maryland where she remains.

My point? If we are not to cripple the country with a quarantine, then a certain level of activity should go forward with reasonable precautions.

Reaction Score
The reaction to this bug is out of control at its fringes at least. There are no cases in MT, but most lists include MT with 1 case. This person left the state last November 14th and contracted the virus while residing in Maryland where she remains.

My point? If we are not to cripple the country with a quarantine, then a certain level of activity should go forward with reasonable precautions.

Is there a venue in Montana that can take in 64 teams? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Unless everyone in the state has been tested, how do you know they don't have it? After one of the games, a ref was diagnosed with CORVID-19. Not nearly enough people have been tested. How did the 2 Jazz players contract the virus? Donovan Mitchell's dad works for the Mets. When the Mets found out, they told his dad to stay home. They would send someone to test him. Now our president will not let states who have the most cases use Medicaid to help fight the virus, especially the poor people who have no health coverage. This is not a case where it's better to be sorry than safe. It's people dying that is the major concern.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom