The 7 Best Shooters in the WNBA Playoffs | The Boneyard

The 7 Best Shooters in the WNBA Playoffs

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
The 7 Best Shooters in the WNBA Playoffs. Period.

A few names you might recognize...

Highly recommend this article. Some excellent anecdotes from Allie Quigley here. Including this one:

upload_2018-8-21_10-43-5.png

Reaction Score
I love the way she writes and it is clear she is not only a player and an All-Star but she is also a life long fan. She also has great taste in shooters.

Anyone else think her closing line intentionally paraphrases Geno’s famous “we have Diana and you don’t” line? :)

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting.
There's a relaxed, yet incisive nature to her prose. Plus, she's as honest as her jumper is perfect. Really enjoyed spending time with her while reading this article. If she verbalizes as well as she writes, she could have career as a commentator.

I know this covers shooting, but I'd bet a bottom dollar that Allie would think that Sue and Diana are set on the U.S. National Team. Love these quotes on Sue:

"And here’s the other problem with guarding Sue: She’s getting better. I know that doesn’t seem possible, for a 37-year-old veteran who’s been in the league since 2002. But I swear it’s true.

"But Sue is just so smart, and so determined, and always seems so in love with the game — and I think she and Michael Jordan are really the great examples of players who made sure, in their later years, to always come back with a new wrinkle in their game for the rest of the league to figure out."

Lastly, as an ND fan and a Domer (ND alum), I enjoyed her segment on Jewell Loyd: "And then I’ll cut to the chase: She kicked our butts. No, I’m not kidding. Jewell would just….. kill us."

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Lastly, as an ND fan and a Domer (ND alum), I enjoyed her segment on Jewell Loyd: "And then I’ll cut to the chase: She kicked our butts. No, I’m not kidding. Jewell would just….. kill us."

Yes, that bit was fascinating. I would often see Jewell sitting courtside at Sky games in those days but I had no idea that she practiced with the team.

Reaction Score
Is she serious? Jewell Loyd (42.3 FG%; 37.0 3P%) at Number 6. Stewie (52.9 FG%; 41.5 3P%) not even on the list. Loyd is a volume shooter who takes way too many bad, off-balance shots.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Is she serious? Jewell Loyd (42.3 FG%; 37.0 3P%) at Number 6. Stewie (52.9 FG%; 41.5 3P%) not even on the list. Loyd is a volume shooter who takes way too many bad, off-balance shots.

I assume the list was meant to focus more on guards/wings. There is no Delle Donne on the list either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom