The 50-50-80 player - Kia Nurse | The Boneyard

The 50-50-80 player - Kia Nurse

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
During the game the announcers touted Sophie Cunningham and Victoria Vivians as 50-40-80 players. Well after including Kia Nurse's stats for tonite's So. Carolina game, Nurse is in class by herself, the 50-50-80 player. By the way Samuelson's 78% free throw shooting is holding her back from being a 50-40-80 player.

Reaction Score
They did say power 5 conference. But then did say kls is just short of those numbers

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I thought 50-40-90 was the elusive gold standard players strive to achieve. Although 80+ from the FT line is just fine by me. And it goes without saying that 50 from behind the arc is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
If Kia Nurse is not an All American this year, even though she's Canadian, then there's been a grave misjustice done.

Kia’s shooting is great, but her greatest strengths IMO, are intangibles that are even greater reasons she is an All American. There were a couple plays tonight that stood out to me that casual fans may not have thought were big deals, but end up giving UConn extra possessions. One of those was when a SC player tried to tie her up & Kia ripped the ball away like she was swatting a gnat, and another was on a loose ball with a SC big & she came away with the ball & started the break. When is the last time you remember her losing a 50-50 scramble for possession of a loose ball?

She does this while playing 40 minutes if necessary while playing as a combo guard if needed, while defending like a demon. If there are tougher players in the women’s game you could count them on one hand & have several fingers left after you named them. Players who can do all the things she does are almost impossible to find in women’s basketball.

Reaction Score
Kia’s shooting is great, but her greatest strengths IMO, are intangibles that are even greater reasons she is an All American. There were a couple plays tonight that stood out to me that casual fans may not have thought were big deals, but end up giving UConn extra possessions. One of those was when a SC player tried to tie her up & Kia ripped the ball away like she was swatting a gnat, and another was on a loose ball with a SC big & she came away with the ball & started the break. When is the last time you remember her losing a 50-50 scramble for possession of a loose ball?

She does this while playing 40 minutes if necessary while playing as a combo guard if needed, while defending like a demon. If there are tougher players in the women’s game you could count them on one hand & have several fingers left after you named them. Players who can do all the things she does are almost impossible to find in women’s basketball.
Mississippi State FF

Reaction Score
61-12 at the half....84-20 end of third... 98-38 final in 2016 Sweet 16 against Mississippi State

I thought you were providing "specifics" in regard to some game Kia played. I have no clue what this even means, and someone even "liked" it so it must be me. LOL!

Reaction Score
I thought you were providing "specifics" in regard to some game Kia played. I have no clue what this even means, and someone even "liked" it so it must be me. LOL!
Mistakenly here, lol. I put it in the thread best half of BB, lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom