The 4th and short predictable chinese fire drill / hurry up sneak lost the game | The Boneyard

The 4th and short predictable chinese fire drill / hurry up sneak lost the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was like our own coaching staff performing a George Foreman vs. Frazier first round knockout against our own team. Never ever seen a more momentum killing/turning play.

Never mind the clusters that followed, including the last possession of the first half when Diaco must have set a record for squandering three time outs in the shortest period of time.

And Dan Hawkins is an idiot but he's right about one thing: with this horrendous offense there is absolutely no reason why UConn is playing soft coverage and allowing opponents, not just ECU, to drive the field in a leisurely manner.

Nice call on that contract extension Benedict

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
That easily could have been overcome (and for the record the kid under center should have been able to read that ECU overstuffed the middle of the line and either audible out or called a TO.

It is disappointing that we concede a special teams victory to the opponent before opening kickoff. It is infuriating that our defense is as easy to read as the one I played on in H S 40 years ago. It is mind numbing that our QB continually misses open targets down field (on the drive with the missed FG and later on the drive to end the half Thomas was open for easy TD's if the QB could throw a pass an adequate QB at this level should be able to hit every time) and it is disheartening that what most QB's would not even view as pressure causes our to tuck the ball and stop looking down field, compounded by the result which is almost always a QB run with little positive result.

Reaction Score
That easily could have been overcome (and for the record the kid under center should have been able to read that ECU overstuffed the middle of the line and either audible out or called a TO.

It is disappointing that we concede a special teams victory to the opponent before opening kickoff. It is infuriating that our defense is as easy to read as the one I played on in H S 40 years ago. It is mind numbing that our QB continually misses open targets down field (on the drive with the missed FG and later on the drive to end the half Thomas was open for easy TD's if the QB could throw a pass an adequate QB at this level should be able to hit every time) and it is disheartening that what most QB's would not even view as pressure causes our to tuck the ball and stop looking down field, compounded by the result which is almost always a QB run with little positive result.

You can keep saying QB QB QB QB QB but he's not the reason why UConn is 3-6 and yes I just saw the INT. I wish Shirreffs had the authority to audible. Diaco is such a g.d. control freak that BS has pretty much zero authority to do the things you suggest in that first sentence.

Did you enjoy the clock management at the end of first half? Yep there were a couple of overthrows today but OTOH there might have been 10 sacks if BS didn't take off. He's Not the reason UConn is getting killed It's Bob. Freaking. Diaco. Turn your guns on him dude

Reaction Score
Our QB is awful, our O-Line is awful, especially the right side, our defense is slow, and our coaches have got to be the worst in football. I am starting to think they are worse than the PP crew. Am I insane, or is this my mind just saying that I can't take any more of this? Why don't we ever see another QB....can everyone on the bench be worse than #4?
I hate that I am so dedicated that I am still buying season tickets....I feel like I am being taken advantage of. Thank God for tailgates!!!!

Reaction Score
Most 38-3 games are lost at 0-0 on one play call that still leaves them 70 yards from the end zone.

Cute line but Diaco/Verducci gave the nation's 9th best passing attack the ball so 70 yards isn't really that far.

Sorry that play A) completely demoralzed UConn and B) completely uplifted ECU. Set the tone for the game right off the bat. I'm all for going for it on that situation but any freaking play besides that one -- which to me is a close cousin of George DeLeone's Wildcat

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Cute line but Diaco/Verducci gave the nation's 9th best passing attack the ball so 70 yards isn't really that far.

Sorry that play A) completely demoralzed UConn and B) completely uplifted ECU. Set the tone for the game right off the bat. I'm all for going for it on that situation but any freaking play besides that one -- which to me is a close cousin of George DeLeone's Wildcat

It was a horrific mistake but come on - they got kicked up and down the field. It didn't lead to the outcome.

Reaction Score
It was a horrific mistake but come on - they got kicked up and down the field. It didn't lead to the outcome.
That 1st drive is Diaco in a nutshell though. Great starting field position and not a single attempt at throwing past the sticks. Run a 4yd out on 3rd and 5, then run the same sneak you ran about 20 times last week. No imaginatioin whatsoever.

Reaction Score

Normally I'd agree with that. But that play gave off such a stentch of "not this " again that it definitely set the tone for what was to follow.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Normally I'd agree with that. But that play gave off such a stentch of "not this " again that it definitely set the tone for what was to follow.

When you lose that bad - they quit before they got on the plane.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You can keep saying QB QB QB QB QB but he's not the reason why UConn is 3-6 and yes I just saw the INT. I wish Shirreffs had the authority to audible. Diaco is such a g.d. control freak that BS has pretty much zero authority to do the things you suggest in that first sentence.

Did you enjoy the clock management at the end of first half? Yep there were a couple of overthrows today but OTOH there might have been 10 sacks if BS didn't take off. He's Not the reason UConn is getting killed It's Bob. Freaking. Diaco. Turn your guns on him dude
Actually I said awhile lot more than just QB QB QB QB QB. Next time read the entire response, not merely the items that point out one player's shortcomings.

Reaction Score
Actually I said awhile lot more than just QB QB QB QB QB. Next time read the entire response, not merely the items that point out one player's shortcomings.

Dude "QB" was in pretty much every line of that post

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
That 1st drive is Diaco in a nutshell though. Great starting field position and not a single attempt at throwing past the sticks. Run a 4yd out on 3rd and 5, then run the same sneak you ran about 20 times last week. No imaginatioin whatsoever.

You know the Kennedy quote about some people see the world the way it is and ask why, while some people see the way it is and ask why not?

Diaco asks why.

We can't get better players because we're UConn, we can't throw the ball because we're in Connecticut, we can't press coverage because we can't be good enough not to get burned...Bob doesn't believe the program can be better than this.

Which, much as anything else, is why he's gotta go.

Reaction Score
We can't get better players because we're UConn, we can't throw the ball because we're in Connecticut, we can't press coverage because we can't be good enough not to get burned...Bob doesn't believe the program can be better than this.

Which, much as anything else, is why he's gotta go.

Spot on. As stated elsewhere he coaches scared. The Hawkins point about playing soft coverage when you have a bad offense was a great one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom