the 2nd generational prospect | The Boneyard

the 2nd generational prospect

Reaction Score
During Geno's post game loss press conference to Villanova he was quoted as saying:

"I think Azzi is a superb bball player" "She's more than a shooter" "At one point, the game was out of reach, but she made basketball plays."
"It takes a coordinated effort to get her open"
"This is her second real game that she's been injury free."
"She played all 40 minutes"
"I don't worry about her. That's one person I don't have to worry about."

After this performance can we agree that Ms. Fudd is the real deal? Or is she going to have to go 8/13 against DePaul?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
No wonder Azzi and Paige were such a good fit on the basketball court (and off) . They see and understand the game the same way. In Geno's vernacular, they have a feel for the game. I would add Caroline. Everyone else, not sure.
They make the game look so hard and mechanical like they are memorizing crib notes. Even when CW has such a great game, it does not look easy.

Geno should not have joked about the 7th seed in the Spokane region, :eek:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
He said she was one of two that he doesn’t worry about. Is Paige the other one?
I don't think he said "2" but "few". He is too smart to pigeon hole himself into a fixed number

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
One thing I noticed about Azzi regarding her 3pt shots is that she is very good at taking them directly at the center of the key. I am no expert but I think because of distance and other factors, this is the most difficult 3 to make, I do not recall even our best shooters taking them as regularly from that spot as Azzi does

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One thing I noticed about Azzi regarding her 3pt shots is that she is very good at taking them directly at the center of the key. I am no expert but I think because of distance and other factors, this is the most difficult 3 to make, I do not recall even our best shooters taking them as regularly from that spot as Azzi does
I always loved shooting from the top of the key, although back in the dark ages, when I played, it was only worth 2 pts.

One of the things that really impresses me about Azzi is her movement without the ball. It is constant and purposeful, unlike many freshmen.

UConn runs a lot of action for Azzi. Relative to her shooting from the top of the key, Azzi dives down toward the basket and then cuts sharply back to the top of the key, running her defender into 1-2 screens set by her teammates. It’s a beautiful thing.

Reaction Score
No wonder Azzi and Paige were such a good fit on the basketball court (and off) . They see and understand the game the same way. In Geno's vernacular, they have a feel for the game. I would add Caroline. Everyone else, not sure.
They make the game look so hard and mechanical like they are memorizing crib notes. Even when CW has such a great game, it does not look easy.

Geno should not have joked about the 7th seed in the Spokane region, :eek:
This!

Reaction Score
Because of her mechanics and feel, it's just a long foul shot for her.

Reaction Score
The one good thing about all of the injuries and the transfers is that two of the freshmen have developed confidence on the court. Learning what they can be successful at and what they can't. Most years freshmen are not asked to take over games and be the main scorer. Azzi was tentative before the last two games. She has shown me she can make nice passes off the pick and roll we just have to catch them and score. She can run the curls, she can backdoor, she can finish thru contact. Oh Yeah and she can shoot pretty good. If and when Paige gets back we will be everyone's bad dream in the dance.

Reaction Score
A backcourt of Azzi, CD and Paige. It would be a nightmare for defenses. It just depends if Paige comes back healthy or we have to wait until next year to see it. The only question would be the development of the bigs once Liv leaves.
We will see it this year. If UConn is going anywhere this year, those three need to be in the court all the time. They are our three best players.

Reaction Score
Based on what I heard (or thought I heard) from the announcers last night regarding Paige’s progress, she doesn’t seem to be that close to participating in practices. Or at least full -up and down the court scrimmage- practice. If that’s the case, we are still multiple weeks away from seeing her in a game. Let’s hope for the BE playoffs.

Reaction Score
We will see it this year. If UConn is going anywhere this year, those three need to be in the court all the time. They are our three best players.
I like those 3 with CW and ONO. Nika, EW, Dorka, AE coming off the bench throughout the game. But we need at least 2 good shooters/playmakers on the floor at all times, which means leaving two out of the Paige, Caroline Ducharme, Azzi trio.

Reaction Score
During Geno's post game loss press conference to Villanova he was quoted as saying:

"I think Azzi is a superb bball player" "She's more than a shooter" "At one point, the game was out of reach, but she made basketball plays."
"It takes a coordinated effort to get her open"
"This is her second real game that she's been injury free."
"She played all 40 minutes"
"I don't worry about her. That's one person I don't have to worry about."

After this performance can we agree that Ms. Fudd is the real deal? Or is she going to have to go 8/13 against DePaul?
She showed a lot yesterday. She’s better than she was early in the year for sure. I wish she could transfer some of her BBIQ to some of the others.

Reaction Score
He said she was one of two that he doesn’t worry about. Is Paige the other one?
I think Geno was speaking in reference to his current bunch of players and so that would be Caroline. It is stating the obvious to say he doesn't worry about Paige...

Reaction Score
I like those 3 with CW and ONO. Nika, EW, Dorka, AE coming off the bench throughout the game. But we need at least 2 good shooters/playmakers on the floor at all times, which means leaving two out of the Paige, Caroline Ducharme, Azzi trio.
Is it just me, or is something wrong with the math? "I like those 3" refers to Azzi, Paige and Caroline, so if at least 2 good shooters/playmakers are needed on the floor at all times, then why not have all 3 on the floor still? Or, is he saying that since we need at least 2 good shooters/playmakers on the floor always, then good as these 3 are, that maybe one of them isn't a good shooter/playmaker? I don't get it.

Reaction Score
I always loved shooting from the top of the key, although back in the dark ages, when I played, it was only worth 2 pts.

One of the things that really impresses me about Azzi is her movement without the ball. It is constant and purposeful, unlike many freshmen.

UConn runs a lot of action for Azzi. Relative to her shooting from the top of the key, Azzi dives down toward the basket and then cuts sharply back to the top of the key, running her defender into 1-2 screens set by her teammates. It’s a beautiful thing.
Have you seen Caroline this month? Constant motion. Beating my smelly horse, I'd like Fudd go down the middle and collect point or fouls. She gets there with the ball then aborts.
I preferred the hook from the right side. Amazing thing about that hook, intense focus on the rim gave me accuracy running or not. But never in Azzi league.

Reaction Score
I agree with you especially when we play the small ball lineups like Arkansas, DePaul, Crieghton, and Villanova. When we play teams like SC and Stanford, GT with multiple big's we have to adjust. We need shooters to keep the middle from getting clogged and with can also get out on the break where Paige is the master.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom