The 2017-2018 UCONN Bench will be a top 10 Team | The Boneyard

The 2017-2018 UCONN Bench will be a top 10 Team

Reaction Score
A storm of unbelievable power is about to rain down on college woman's basketball. The next two years will be the greatest display of pure college basketball supremacy that the world has ever seen. The bench alone will be a power few will be able to compete against.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
WCBB fans are fully aware of the embarrassment of riches UConn will be enjoying for the next few years. UConn has dominated the AAC since its inception, and is expected to maintain that "choke hold" on member schools.

The rich get richer. The question on the minds of those fans outside of UConn Nation is how will the Huskies fare against the teams on their OOC schedule in November and December this year? Will their dominance over other top 10 teams continue, or has the other shoe fallen (the Miss St. loss), and the playing field leveled just a bit? Does anyone see UConn losing a game the rest of this calendar year?? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I just wish they had a 41 game schedule so they could be the first team in wcbb to go 41-0.Whoops,sorry mojo.

Reaction Score
Seem to remember some postings last March about how UConn was going to win 200 straight games. Wonder what happened to those threads?
Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 12.43.52 AM.png

Reaction Score
Seem to remember some postings last March about how UConn was going to win 200 straight games. Wonder what happened to those threads?
View attachment 22999

I believe the vast majority of those that spoke about a 200 game win streak did so with the proviso that last season's team finish undefeated. They were projecting an unbeatable team for this upcoming season and the next.
But point taken.
Also, NO, this season's bench is not top ten.

Reaction Score
Have to disagree with the OP here. They would make a good team, maybe a very good team, but not Top 10.

Reaction Score
I just wish they had a 41 game schedule so they could be the first team in wcbb to go 41-0.Whoops,sorry mojo.
I wish that they played every day (sorry girls) of the season. No anti-depressant costs all winter!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Obviously UConn gets all the top players.... :rolleyes:

The truth is that while the backups would be good, they would lack the size and experience to be a top 10 team.

Reaction Score
The backups could be a top 20-25 team by season's end, but top 10? No way.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
In the last 4 full season UCONN has lost 2 games and in: " The next two years will be the greatest display of pure college basketball supremacy that the world has ever seen." ??? And this bench is going to be the reason for that? :D Don't you realize that Natalie Butler has decided to transfer?

Reaction Score
View attachment 22999

Thanks---I've seen too many seasons that were pre-season hyped to the n'th degree--and missed the target---this past year wasn't one of them--that starting 5,6, 7 overachieved and exceeded all expectations-
Yet even with the 2 transfers, adding Danger and Megan Walker, maybe Alexis---Jelling, unified team, personalities, defense, all matter---I'd like to see them play a bit before I shout --We Are Number 1.

We almost hatched it last year---No point in counting the chicks' just yet.

Reaction Score
In the last 4 full season UConn has lost 2 games and in: " The next two years will be the greatest display of pure college basketball supremacy that the world has ever seen." ??? And this bench is going to be the reason for that? :D Don't you realize that Natalie Butler has decided to transfer?

Super good post.

The last 4 full seasons--will be hard to replicated even for Geno--the `150 game winning streak never evolved--Uconn has proven it is fallible. If it were so easy as to --just recruit and accept transfers--South Carolina would have had 4 NC's by now---.
Also there is the old Chestnut---games are played , not phoned in--
But surely MS Butler shall be missed this year. We can only wonder what may have been?

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
I see that even after a 'crushing' defeat hyperbole is still alive and well on this Board. Connecticut's bench would not be a Top 10 team nor would any other WCBB team's bench.

Reaction Score
Even Kara Lawson predicted that UConn could possibly win 200 games in a row. Do you want to direct you criticism at her too?

Yes, she should have known better---you must believe it is her job to hype the game.

Reaction Score
Well it was crushing for about 24 hrs. The team got over their disappointment pretty quickly, one of the great things about being young. Of course that in no way diminishes their mission for this coming season.

Uconn women believe. The out come was coming and they saw it--and worked to stop it--When it happened --it hurt--they may (I say MAY) have thought they let their team, coaches, fans down---as a day or 4 passed--they realized --what most Byer did--it was one heck of a season!!

Reaction Score
A bunch of freshmen, Bent, Irwin, Camara, and one starter-caliber player would be a top-1o team? Let's not get carried away.
While we still sit here wondering what our starting five is going to look like I would suggest that there are probably three "starter caliber" players on the roster in Camara, Dangerfield, and probably Walker who will provide the 6-8 players in the rotation assuming Stevens is the addition to last year's lineup in Chong's spot. Bent, Irwin, and the three incoming frosh I would anticipate filling out the remaining 9-13. That said I certainly agree that the second 5 or for that matter the 8 after a starting five would not be a top 10 and perhaps not even a top 20. But you know what? We have three plus months to ponder all the nuances of the 17/18 edition of Husky world.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Yeesh. The 2000-01 season and the similar claims people about that season's bench weren't THAT long ago.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While we still sit here wondering what our starting five is going to look like I would suggest that there are probably three "starter caliber" players on the roster in Camara, Dangerfield, and probably Walker who will provide the 6-8 players in the rotation assuming Stevens is the addition to last year's lineup in Chong's spot. Bent, Irwin, and the three incoming frosh I would anticipate filling out the remaining 9-13. That said I certainly agree that the second 5 or for that matter the 8 after a starting five would not be a top 10 and perhaps not even a top 20. But you know what? We have three plus months to ponder all the nuances of the 17/18 edition of Husky world.
I would add Coombs to your list of "starter caliber" players, who I believe will earn PT before Walker as a result of her defense and passing ability.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom