The 2013 HS class | The Boneyard

The 2013 HS class

Reaction Score
There may have been a similar thread on this; if so, my apologies.

I dug up my composite rankings from the 2013 high school class. It combines the ASGR, Hoopgurlz, and BlueStar rankings.

10 of the top 16 players transferred. (1, 8, 9, 11-13 did not).
Of the 6 that didn't, just 2 (McCall & Chidom) did not redshirt for injuries.

Thus just 2 of the 16 redshirted for one reason or another.

Twas a good year for Geno to not be active!

hs2013a.png

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Fascinating that Brionna Jones was ranked behind (inter alia) Kristina Nelson of ND. And Walker-Kimbrough wasn't even top 50. Kinda guts the argument that Brenda can't develop players.

Reaction Score
Fascinating that Brionna Jones was ranked behind (inter alia) Kristina Nelson of ND. And Walker-Kimbrough wasn't even top 50. Kinda guts the argument that Brenda can't develop players.

Kimbrough-walker is 34

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
They sort of exploded as freshman 'revelations' as I recall which suggest the problem was more in the ranking of HS students than in any particular developments. And surprisingly I believe both of them had perhaps down years as seniors relative to the promise they has shown earlier.

Plum being ranked between the two also points to some issue with evaluating talent!

Reaction Score
Other notables:

#55 Nina Davis
#61 Ashley Morrissette
#64 Sydney Wiese
#70 Alexis Petersen
#75 Karlie Samuelson
#81 Jessica January
#82 Kelsey Lang
#99 Chanel Osahor
#114 Lili Thompson

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
They sort of exploded as freshman 'revelations' as I recall which suggest the problem was more in the ranking of HS students than in any particular developments. And surprisingly I believe both of them had perhaps down years as seniors relative to the promise they has shown earlier.

Plum being ranked between the two also points to some issue with evaluating talent!
What an odd juxtaposition, seeing Plum just one spot ahead of Chong.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What an odd juxtaposition, seeing Plum just one spot ahead of Chong.
Also striking is that Georgetown who got 2 top 50 kids (Cooper & King) and Natalie Butler in that class and virtually nothing since.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
A few of the top 25 I've never heard of, and quite a few more of the 26-50 ranked players. Plum was the best player in this class by a healthy margin.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
A few of the top 25 I've never heard of, and quite a few more of the 26-50 ranked players. Plum was the best player in this class by a healthy margin.
I guess define 'healthy margin', but it will also be interesting to see what happens at the next level because I think some of these players could have equal or greater impact as pros if they land in favorable situations. Which is true of HS kids as well, Plum exploded in college because she landed in a situation where her skills and the team needs matched perfectly and with a coach who built everything around her. I am not diminishing those skills - I think she is great and I do think she will thrive as a pro. Just noting she chose her college wisely, while almost all of her contemporaries of similar raw talent did not and transferred, or were hampered by injuries.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
but it will also be interesting to see what happens at the next level because I think some of these players could have equal or greater impact as pros if they land in favorable situations.

Yes, I'm referring to their respective college careers. I don't know what will happen when they get to the WNBA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom