The 20-21 season is over. It's time to take a look at this.... | The Boneyard

The 20-21 season is over. It's time to take a look at this....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1617726916080.png

Wow.

(Thanks Dan)

Reaction Score
Are the 2 OPEN indicate openings for transfers to give scholarships to?

Reaction Score
The two open are the spaces that are available for scholarship athletes. I imagine Autumn will get a scholarship before her time is done. (Not necessarily this next year).

uconn has no glaring need to fill those two vacancies unless a perfect fit via Hs recruiting or transfer portal presents itself.

Reaction Score
Are the 2 OPEN indicate openings for transfers to give scholarships to?
Hopefully they remain open. We have too many players for this new world of WCBB where people can just willy nilly up and transfer because they're unhappy with their 5 minutes a game in their freshman season while a coach from another school is whispering in their ear that they deserve 15 minutes a game.

Reaction Score
The two open are the spaces that are available for scholarship athletes. I imagine Autumn will get a scholarship before her time is done. (Not necessarily this next year).

uconn has no glaring need to fill those two vacancies unless a perfect fit via Hs recruiting or transfer portal presents itself.
A perfect fit would be 6' 6" clothes

Reaction Score
First I think Geno should give Autumn her scholarship. It is the right thing to do. No team needs more than 14 highly recruited players. If because of Anna's departure, he wants to add somebody , then the best fit would appear to be a one year rental so to speak. That type of player would be good enough to possibly break the rotation, but fully realize that she may be far less relevant to this team, than the one she came from.

The best candidate is someone who just wants to get the Uconn experience, get a year under this coaching staff, feel the attention this program gets, get to a Final Four and maybe a championship, even if she is not a major contributor on the court, but even better if she is. There might not be many players like that, but some might find that appealing.

Otherwise keep it open, no problem. What you don't want to do is bring in a non contributor backup to the backup that consumes a scholarship beyond this year, when it could make a difference getting a more relevant player. In Anna's case I don't think we necessarily need to be searching for a player with skills like her, because even beyond the obvious Azzi contribution, Carolyn and to a lesser extent Saylor appear to replace her skills pretty well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom