OT: - That's two hours of my life I will never get back... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: That's two hours of my life I will never get back...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm guessing that you have seen where HBO is going to do a reboot of True Blood and current plans are for it to be an entirely new show with no casting ties to the original.
I don't know if I can imagine it being successful. One of the great things about it was every season there were new supernaturals that were introduced. Vampires, then Shifters, then Maenad's, then Werewolves and Werepanthers, then fairies, etc.

How would they do a reboot and keep it fresh? I read it's VERY early in development, so we will see if that ever becomes a reality.

Reaction Score
Are you referring to the show where he was an innkeeper in Vermont? Brother Darryl and the other brother Darryl? The one where Suzanne Pleshette from the original Newhart show ends up in Bob's bed? His second series was all a dream. That one?
Yes

Reaction Score
I don't know if I can imagine it being successful. One of the great things about it was every season there were new supernaturals that were introduced. Vampires, then Shifters, then Maenad's, then Werewolves and Werepanthers, then fairies, etc.

How would they do a reboot and keep it fresh? I read it's VERY early in development, so we will see if that ever becomes a reality.
The second season of True Blood is one of my favorite seasons of TV ever. Michelle Forbes as Marianne was brilliant.

Reaction Score
The first half of the careers of Stephen King and Dean Koontz hooked my. I also loved Clancy and Ludlum. Honorable mention to Louis Lamour and Zane Grey and Don Pendleton. For streaming try Absentia.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The second season of True Blood is one of my favorite seasons of TV ever. Michelle Forbes as Marianne was brilliant.
It's so funny that you say that - I loved season one, disliked season 2, then started loving it again season 3. The whole Marianne story line was WAY too drawn out for my taste. How many times could you see fat old people having graphic sex with black eyes? It like every episode LOL. For about 8 straight episodes!!

Still, that's what makes the world go round. Some loved it, some hated it...

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Just about every "hyped" finale I've ever watched was disappointing: Seinfeld; Mad Men; Mash ...
Disappointing? Try the Game Of Thrones finale. It makes all those other disappointing finale's look and sound like a performance of Beethoven's "Ode To Joy".

Reaction Score
Most enjoyable movie I’ve seen recently is Hunt for the Wilderpeople on Hulu and Netflix. Set in New Zealand bush.

Reaction Score
Most enjoyable movie I’ve seen recently is Hunt for the Wilderpeople on Hulu and Netflix. Set in New Zealand bush.
As long as posts are veering thither and yon, let me introduce yet another (uncertain if this is a thither or a yon). Great foreign films you've seen. I'll start: The Vanishing (1988, Dutch).

Was redone in 1993 with Keifer Sutherland but not nearly as well, imo. Sets up a conflict between two of the three great values (truth, freedom, and knowledge). I won't say which two but shows that, when push comes to shove, which out ranks the other.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Disappointing? Try the Game Of Thrones finale. It makes all those other disappointing finale's look and sound like a performance of Beethoven's "Ode To Joy".
Sorry, I have no idea what this means...except maybe it's your way of saying that the GOT finale was really, really disappointing (I never watched GOT beyond season 2, so...).

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I had a friend who loved using the line "That's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back" after watching a movie he didn't like. That same friend is one of those guys who sits freezing outside an Apple store all night to be the first one to buy the latest iphone. And he wonders why I laugh evertime he says "That's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back".

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Sorry, I have no idea what this means...except maybe it's your way of saying that the GOT finale was really, really disappointing (I never watched GOT beyond season 2, so...).
"Early days my friend. Early days".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom