That was rough | The Boneyard

That was rough

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
defense was about as expected, sad do say, but the offense showed signs of life; those turnovers killed them. couldve gotten 9-21 more points without them potentially (and then maybe they would've covered).

Reaction Score
Regardless of who we play I hope we put up more than 10 points deep into the 4th Quarter. The offense is suppose to give the defense a chance... People are praising Dunn but outside of a late garbage TD against UCF's backups the points weren't really put up.... and that's saying it kindly

Reaction Score
Rough is an understatement, but we're projected to win 3 games this year and had a bunch of guys on the field that had never even stood on the sidelines during a college game. They're a top 20 team in the country with a Heisman candidate.

Next week will be more of the same. In my mind, the season starts week 3.

Reaction Score
Regardless of who we play I hope we put up more than 10 points deep into the 4th Quarter. The offense is suppose to give the defense a chance... People are praising Dunn but outside of a late garbage TD against UCF's backups the points weren't really put up.... and that's saying it kindly
They shot themselves in the foot every chance they had.

Reaction Score
The defensive secondary was just lost at times....big separations for the recievers of UCF.

Reaction Score
At VA Tech, no one ever caught Vick's passes, ran the ball following Vick's hand offs, blocked well, played quality D, etc. Entire offense, yup. And, tonight no one caught McKenzie Milton's passes, ran well after hand offs, blocked well, etc. :rolleyes:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
As I said in the game thread, not sure what the thinking was playing this team in our first game. Was this date league mandated?

Reaction Score
UCF isn't that good. Their defense just gave up almost 500 yards to UConn. I think they'll lose three or four games this year.

UCF's offense will give them a chance to go undefeated again. Serious... Serious talent at WR and obviously QB. Their defense is younger which really surprises me why we only had 10 points through most of the game. I don't get how anyone else is not concerned about that. UConn has been epic as a program that gets into the Red Zone and comes up empty. It seems like we always say IF we didn't turn it over we would have 100 points. Well we keep getting turn overs and stupid ... absolutely stupid penalties. The offense should not be getting so many penalties.

Reaction Score
We are going to win a handful of games. Hopefully, 6. Our offense wasn’t bad at all, just had trouble finishing. Our D is clearly faster than last year. They need time to grow. I’m encouraged that HCRE knows what he’s doing despite the score.

Reaction Score
UCF's offense will give them a chance to go undefeated again. Serious... Serious talent at WR and obviously QB. Their defense is younger which really surprises me why we only had 10 points through most of the game. I don't get how anyone else is not concerned about that. UConn has been epic as a program that gets into the Red Zone and comes up empty. It seems like we always say IF we didn't turn it over we would have 100 points. Well we keep getting turn overs and stupid ... absolutely stupid penalties. The offense should not be getting so many penalties.

Their offense is legit, no question. But their defense was a lot of smoke and mirrors last year, before they lost a bunch of players.

Every year you'll see teams with units at opposite ends of the extremes - typically in a power conference that's good for .500, in this one I bet they finish 9-3 or 8-4. Still a damn good season, but not enough to warrant the hype they'll be getting after tonight.

Reaction Score
As I said in the game thread, not sure what the thinking was playing this team in our first game. Was this date league mandated?

Conference sets conference schedule. They try to cover each weekend so that there is at least one confernce game each weekend whenever possible. They wanted the exposure of playing early in the 1st weekend. We were just lucky I guess.....

Reaction Score
Many of the 2 deep were at their High School proms a few months ago, others, Red Shirts last year. 1st game and against a legit Heisman Candidate QB. ....and he ate them up, OK. The O will score points more often than not, perhaps not enough than the D gives up. But this is year 2 of a bare cupboard being replenished. Let us see the progress this season that will lead to being winners in years 3 and 4. I look forward to the tangible progress this year.

Reaction Score
No kidding, But my question is what was the thinking? I’d rather have opened with URI, wouldn’t you.

TV decides. They wanted UCF early and not against an FBS team........well, technically.

Reaction Score
Getting blown out in that way is always bad.

Defensively I wasn't shocked but was hopeful for better. It was atrocious. Hopefully the future is bright but this year will be rough. Saw zero bright spots.

Offensively, like last year, moved the ball, didn't result in nearly enough points. The positive is a few plays away from scoring a lot. The negative is it took pindell making plays with his legs to do anything. Running with running backs and pasing the ball not so impressive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom