That was an all-time performance by Adama Sanogo | The Boneyard

That was an all-time performance by Adama Sanogo

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I've stated I feel he's been this teams rock all season. The captain who keeps his poise and gets the players composed. He's been this years version of Emeka only more vocal like Caron. I'm really hoping these performances get him a contract somewhere in the NBA.

I have spoken! Again!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I feel like we didn’t appreciate this enough yesterday. We know what Sanogo is capable of, we were playing a 13 seed, we were ready to guillotine everybody if we lost, and there was certainly no shortage of headlines yesterday

But 28 points and 13 rebounds. 76% shooting. 25 minutes. In the NCAA tournament.

That’s history. For Sanogo it’s just another day in the office.

I don’t think there’s anybody in college basketball that can guard Sanogo 1v1 in the post. Nobody.

I’ve been saying for a while that Sanogo’s game isn’t NBA-compatible, but put together 2 more games like this and scouts will notice

Reaction Score
I don’t claim to know much about the NBA but remember a guy named CharlesOakley? He was 6’9” 250. Tough as nails player, rebounded, shot 17 footers, had a pretty good career. Well we know Sanogo has rim and baseline moves, he shoots well from 3 and can add the jumper, he’s quick as hell, and he rebounds. What is there for an NBA team not to like?

Reaction Score
I don’t claim to know much about the NBA but remember a guy named CharlesOakley? He was 6’9” 250. Tough as nails player, rebounded, shot 17 footers, had a pretty good career. Well we know Sanogo has rim and baseline moves, he shoots well from 3 and can add the jumper, he’s quick as hell, and he rebounds. What is there for an NBA team not to like?
That Charles Oakley retired from the NBA 20 years ago. Sanogo will get a chance in the NBA as an undrafted or late 2nd round pick, but the NBA has changed and just doesn't value traditional big men anymore

Reaction Score
If Sanogo will play like this, our opponents should be gassed with 10 minutes left. Too damn big and efficient.

What a performance. That’s the first round dominance we should be expecting to see.

Keep it going adama!
He has discovered that cleaning up misses with offensive rebounds pays serious dividends! He has made that part of the game his own.

Reaction Score
He makes difficult things look so easy. It's almost forgettable. The real beauty in his game is the work he does before he touches the ball. His timing and footwork on seals and spins is second-to-none. He is constantly battling down there so by the time he catches the ball, it's a layup.

It's genuinely 40 minutes of violence for opposing bigs. Sanogo leaves for a breather, and a 7'2 260lb monster comes in and dunks on your head. There is no 220lb center you can push around. If you want to beat us at the rim, you're leaving with bruises.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That Charles Oakley retired from the NBA 20 years ago. Sanogo will get a chance in the NBA as an undrafted or late 2nd round pick, but the NBA has changed and just doesn't value traditional big men anymore
True, but he’s not a traditional big. Not really. Clingan is a traditional big. Sanogo is a power forward with elite skill in the paint. He’s also showing, if people watch, that he can dribble, shoot and pass. My guess is he gets to the combine and people who think he’s just an undersized back to the basket center will be very surprised.

Reaction Score
“Sanome, sanoma, Sanog…excuse me”

You’d think she would learn the best player on the court’s name.
Yeah, that was like the D-team they had announcing our game yesterday.

Reaction Score
True, but he’s not a traditional big. Not really. Clingan is a traditional big. Sanogo is a power forward with elite skill in the paint. He’s also showing, if people watch, that he can dribble, shoot and pass. My guess is he gets to the combine and people who think he’s just an undersized back to the basket center will be very surprised.
One thing I don't get with Sanogo is why he often goes with such finesse at the rim and falls away. His shooting percentage is great this season but he still misses a chippy here and there where it seems he should be powering through and or cramming it home. Sometimes he doesn't get off the floor at all where it looks like dunking is a struggle for him but then you see him on the break getting up for alley oops no problem.

I'm not faulting him, he's great but just an observation.

He has shown he has a lot more skills and versatility this season than he showed in his first two. Adama legit looked like a terrible passer for most of his career here but that was a function of how the coaching staff had him playing, since the Janaury mess and they decided to play him differently he's shown he's quite versatile.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
And 12, 9, and 2 in 13 minutes for Clingan.

A solid 40 pts, 22 rebounds, 3 blocks on 18-24 fg's from our center position.
Yep.
Bill Walton grabbed only 13 rebounds, blocked 1 shot, had 2 assists, turned the ball over 6 times, and committed 4 fouls.
Compare that with 3 turnovers and 0 fouls. Then again, 1 assist and 44 points.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
He makes difficult things look so easy. It's almost forgettable. The real beauty in his game is the work he does before he touches the ball. His timing and footwork on seals and spins is second-to-none. He is constantly battling down there so by the time he catches the ball, it's a layup.

It's genuinely 40 minutes of violence for opposing bigs. Sanogo leaves for a breather, and a 7'2 260lb monster comes in and dunks on your head. There is no 220lb center you can push around. If you want to beat us at the rim, you're leaving with bruises.
His touch around the basket is elite this year. The biggest knock on him last year was that he wasn't terribly efficient because his 2pt shooting % was poor. We remember the Nova tournament game and the stretch run where he missed a bunch of bunnies (whether due to fatigue or lingering injury, etc.) and in general he took a bunch of over the shoulder jump hooks.

He went from 51% on 2s to 64% this year on the same amount of attempts. That is a MASSIVE jump. 64% at the rim last year to 75% at the rim this year. And he's not dunking all that much, compared to like Clingan who dunks everything. He shots require touch. He's often sealing and gathering the ball near or under the rim and needing to contort his body or finish across the rim.

I just ran some numbers and according to the data from BartTorvik, Sanogo is shooting 74.87% on non-dunk rim attempts. Out of the 84 guys with more than 300 2-point attempts on the season, he ranks 2nd in the country in that stat. Just absolute elite touch. He's right above Drew Timme, Tubelis, and Jalen Pickett. Ben Krikke from Valpo is #1. Daniss Jenkins from Iona is last lol. Primo is also near the bottom.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Yeah, that was like the D-team they had announcing our game yesterday.
I swear, her game prep was thinking up a bunch of things to say and writing them down, checklist style. And whenever the opportunity arose, she'd use one and cross it off the list. I thought, "Too big, too strong, two feet in the paint, two points" was annoyingly cutesy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom