That Third Down Thing | The Boneyard

That Third Down Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm sure someone posted in another thread....

But whatever they are attempting to do on the scoreboard and PA for third down... it's the worst thing I've ever seen in stadium.

Just stupid red eyes on a scoreboard while the speakers blare incoherent static.

It's 50000000x worse than the DJ who broadcast from the toilets.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think you should go to bed.

I should. But even at 7:10 it was awful. I'm long tired of Welcome to the Jungle... but I'm not even sure what was supposed to be coming over the PA? Barking? It was just white noise.

Reaction Score
I would much prefer "Welcome to the Jungle." The crowd is conditioned to stand and yell when it comes on.

Reaction Score
I sat on the press box side and the barking sounded fine.

During the spring game I was on the UConn home side and it was the worst thing I ever heard.

I liked the red eyes on the scoreboard. Something different and it incorporates our logo and our brand.

Maybe it takes a season to catch on but it will. We are the Huskies. Dogs barking makes more sense than a 25 year old rock song.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I sat on the press box side and the barking sounded fine.

During the spring game I was on the UConn home side and it was the worst thing I ever heard.

I liked the red eyes on the scoreboard. Something different and it incorporates our logo and our brand.

Maybe it takes a season to catch on but it will. We are the Huskies. Dogs barking makes more sense than a 25 year old rock song.

I could embrase the red eyes if the sound wasn't so ridiculous. I really can't even make a guess at what it
was supposed to be... but it didn't
match the visual.

Reaction Score
It's dogs barking and growling and I think where you sit in the stadium has an effect on it. It was very clear from my section. What I heard tonight was a million times better than in the spring. But again during the spring game on the opposite side it sounded terrible. I think that it's an issue with the speakers but that's a wild ass guess

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's dogs barking and growling and I think where you sit in the stadium has an effect on it. It was very clear from my section. What I heard tonight was a million times better than in the spring. But again during the spring game on the opposite side it sounded terrible. I think that it's an issue with the speakers but that's a wild ass guess

Kelly nailed in an another thread. It sounds like a car trying to turn over.

Where I sit it sounds ridiculous beyond belief. As hard as I listen I can't even guess what it's supposed sound like.

Reaction Score
The growling/snarling/rabid dog sound was horrible in section 223 behind the UCONN bench. We decided it sounded like a saw or an engine that cranked but wouldn't start.

Reaction Score
From the press box side it is perfectly obvious what it is. Not sure how I feel about it but there's no question that it's dogs barking. None whatsoever.

Reaction Score
From section 221 it sounds like someone dropped DJ Joey's mic in a garbage disposal. Needs some work. Visuals are cool.

Reaction Score
From the press box side it is perfectly obvious what it is. Not sure how I feel about it but there's no question that it's dogs barking. None whatsoever.
And another gripe is the Down and distance on the scoreboards. How hard is it to keep up with the game action. I know the refs were a confused group last night and that probably had a lot to do with it or was it the pace of the BYU offense. The sound on the UCONN side is terrible. We left with 3 minutes lelft and when we got outside I could hear everything clearly. I wonder if they have the speakers aimed in the right direction he said facetiously. The refs mic, was it on or what? What was up with the cutting in and out of the audio for our sideline reporter? They have to clean that stuff up. Disappointing start but not as disheartening as last year. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I sat in section 128 below the scoreboard. It sounded like someone scratching a vinyl record over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom