That Glorious Month of April | The Boneyard

That Glorious Month of April

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Being an early-part Taurid and an admirer of a certain Taurasi player who once popped the uni for the Huskies, I have always thought April was the best of months and one that showers mainly good things on UConn. Obviously, it is the month that really counts. You can lose every game in November, December, and January but if you rule in April you are the queen bee for the year. If you do lose all those early games you might not get to April, but that's beside the point. And it's worth remembering that the Huskies did not get to play a game in April until 1995, which was a very auspicious year. Plus, in Geno's first two years at UConn the team did not even play any games in March, so continuing onward more than a month later was a nice feat in itself.

The UTenn records actually have the Vols cumulative record for all six months that they have played games, from November through April, and for the first five the records are pretty gaudy. The month totals haven't been updated since 2008 for some reason, but that doesn't matter for April since UTenn hasn't played won any games there recently (Edit: oops my bad, Lville loss last year on April 2) . And the Vols' record in April is an okay 9-6 9-7, which will win you a few titles. Vol fans might even think they own April, except of course there is that other team, the Huskies.

So what is the Huskies' record in the glory month? 16-3. And they won their first 9 contests in April before finally losing to Stanford in 2008. And the month keeps getting better and better, because last year they won three games in April for only the second time, the other being 2003.

Just love that month, even if there is an onerous aging task for some of us to take care of at the end of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom